PDA

View Full Version : Installation forum needed

kukkuluuruu
05-24-2009, 05:40 AM
I am now for the second time trying to instal this Holdem Manager and the Postsol or whatever it's called, but haven't succeed; this time it failed on the postsol installation at the last step of course, where it says that the account can't be created because such an account already exists (figures to refer to the postsol or whatever account name that's not in red and so should have been kept so, as I did, and there are two such spots where such an account name is. Additionally I used the autogenerate password for the first password thing), so that's it. Didn't even get to holdem Manager this time, like I did last time but I had PokerTracker 3 installed so the postsol was there, though I should have used the PT3's passwords and so, but it was too complicated and failed. Now I have no PT3 - that has serious bugs and could not be used as it gave incorrect information. I have the latest HM etc. and no Vista. And I suppose I need to be a verified and paid customer to get an answer here, so this fails too (but you still could get that installation forum up). So, I do seriously suggest a forum where there is a lot of talk about how this software can be got installed in the first place. Additionally, I suggest that people should get an extra software trick where they can get to test this software as my 15 days have run over already and I never got to even open the software, and I have serious doubts that this software really works as well as I need it to work, considering this to be the only software I have ever had (as commercial) that has major installation problems, and actually I have never run into a commercial software I would have had any installation problems. Also, I would prefer a discount if I buy this software as time is money for me? I am trying to stick to PT2 (that's in every way the best out there, except that it lacks some stats), that was my original though also the 1st time I tried to instal this software. But having some stats as worse, could cost me serious money and be of more hard to use, in the long run, and as PT3 can't be used, I would need to get this software working.

P.S.1. I tried to post this and it said I am not logged in though I am, so that pretty much caps my experience with the HM and PT3. The only good thing, from my point of view, is that I didn't have to rewrite this.

P.S.2. After logging in again, it posted my post automatically but that wasn't the version I put in and it wasn't posted even, but just a step, so I needed to edit this and line by line put it tighter as I pasted this from notepad.

morny
05-24-2009, 11:38 AM
That error message is actually covered in the FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176 you just need to choose a different username other than postgres since youve used that in a previous installation. PostgreSQL is the database we use for the software however we didnt design it we just use it, there is a forum dedicated to PostgreSQL if you google it but you can post an issue to do with installation here and wll do our best to help

The trial cannot be extended due to the software we use, its not physically possible.

kukkuluuruu
05-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes, I did try that too, but it's just going from one problem to another, so it's rather pointless. With the new username I am just getting another error message (internal account lookup failure) and so it's the same thing as the 1st time I tried installing the whole thing; from one problem to another. I could try once more but then I will have to give up. Not too much time for computer forums as I understand nothing of them. Also, I can't get it tested as the trial is over too soon and I have no trust to any of these until I see it myself. Will soon have to stick to PT2.

EDIT: as the "internal account" seemed to refer to the login detail of the other spot, I changed all names and all passwords, and it seems it got it installed. The HM then installed without problem and so everything seems to be fine, but there is no way to verify as that HM doesn't open anymore after 15 days, and additionally even if it would, I would have no way of testing it, so under these conditions when not knowing what I am paying for and not even if it will function, it's impossible for me to buy it.

There is also not start picture in my start folder (just an idea that there should be one) and the instructions about post...SQL say to open some .mbi or something like that but there is only .int or something like that and the other doesn't have an end at all (I used that, but I had to guess it), and for the HM there are also two setup things and I guessed the right one.

So, not that there are that many problems, just the multible of name and password things, and if one already has the SQL, and then those minor things mentioned above. When those are clear it all seems to instal just fine, but I can't verify if the HM works as it doesn't function anymore.