PDA

View Full Version : Can't exit HEM without Task Manager -- sometimes

dwallen
08-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Every so often, HEM gets in a state where i can't exit without killing it with Task Manager.

What is happening is the modal dialog box that says "Import is still running" shows up behind the main window and you can't get to it. Clicking on the main window just beeps.

it doesn't happen every time.

Win7 64.

netsrak
08-15-2011, 03:49 AM
Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

dwallen
08-15-2011, 04:54 PM
This computer only has Microsoft Security Essentials, but i think it happened before i installed that.

Patvs
08-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.