PDA

View Full Version : Trial Import problems

HitEmUp
08-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi, ive just downloaded and installed the trial version from your website. Everything installed fine and i got up to importing my hands, and then everything freezes. I have searched the forum before requesting help and followed the advice of setting exe files to run as admin. No luck!

The import gets to around 20+ hands and then freezes, the import wont stop either without having to close the whole program down.

Im running W7 and my client is iPoker (betfred), and all hands are stored locally

Any idea's on this?

Patvs
08-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
Windows 7 is updated to Service Pack 1. Run a Windows Update and install ALL updates.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Turn off User Account Control: Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

HitEmUp
08-13-2011, 06:46 PM
thanks for the reply.

As i said id already read a few posts regarding this matter so ive already set admin permissions for the .exe files and already turned off UAC.

However, i presumed because i dont run a firewall and windows firewall is always off i didnt need to make those changes, so hopefully thats the problem. Ill have a go at the changes and a fresh import now

THANKS Again
brb

EDIT: oh, and my anti-virus is Malwarebytes and Spybot

HitEmUp
08-13-2011, 06:53 PM
ive allowed all 3 exe's to run through windows firewall.... still no import. It isnt showing any details now, just says "Auto Importing..."

netsrak
08-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Please check all the configured auto-import folders - there may be a corrupt file in one of them.
All folders should be empty except latest hands.
Which site and gametype are you trying to import?
Please play a real money hand and try to import it via import file - does this work?

HitEmUp
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Which site and gametype are you trying to import?
Im playing iPoker, (BetFred.com) and im trying to import tournament / SNG's.

Please check all the configured auto-import folders - there may be a corrupt file in one of them.
All folders should be empty except latest hands.
I dont quite know how i would check this. All my hands are "xml" and seem to open fine within windows. The route to my history is "C:\Poker\Betfred Poker\History\my-username\" and that folder has two subfolders

"C:\Poker\Betfred Poker\History\my-username\Table" is empty (until i just played a real money hand this minute)

"C:\Poker\Betfred Poker\History\my-username\Tournament" is full of xml files from the date i started playing on iPoker upto my last game (249 items 12.5mb in size)[/QUOTE]

Please play a real money hand and try to import it via import file - does this work?

Yes i played a few hands and this file imported fine

HitEmUp
08-14-2011, 08:46 PM
as im uploading the tournament results bit by bit there are sometimes that it wont import and it seems they are whenever i select a large file from an MTT. As soon as the importer has a file over 100kb from an MTT to deal with it just freezes and thew whole program has to be shut down. Does this always happen?

Is this a known problem. Or is there any way i can optimize to get the xml files to import successfully?

as a result whenever im playing the auto importer is always trying to uplaod the new cash hands, plus the older files it couldnt import in the past, it is forever uploading "1 of 7 files" so no new hands are added

netsrak
08-15-2011, 03:51 AM
A known issue with large files is that HM doesn't move them automatically to the archive folder so the auto-import will read them during every cycle again.
You should move those files manually to a different folder and import them manually via import file/folder.
The auto-import folders should only contain current hands.

HitEmUp
08-15-2011, 02:22 PM
due to the delay in response i have already moved the files elsewhere on my HD and it now imports the other files fine, and also handles live imports with no problems. I still cant import the large files though, even using the manual method, the import just crashes again and prog has to be shut down.

Any idea's?

Also i have another problem with HUD regarding seating positions, ive looked thru the videos but found nothing on this, should i post here or make new topic regarding this?

Thank you

Patvs
08-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Seating: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating

Email us such a large .xml file which is causing import problems to support@holdemmanager.com

HitEmUp
08-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Seating: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating

brilliant, at a quick glance that looks like what i need. Thanks

As for the files....would you like the msending as a WinZip file? i wouldn't class them as "large" especially in todays terms but you would know if they are large in HEM terms, they are around 500 kb's - is this large for HEM (just for future ref)

Thanks for the reply

Sarek
08-16-2011, 04:47 AM
Yes, zip them