PDA

View Full Version : HEM on new computer

Skesis
05-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Boot sector on my old HD failed but I've got it set up as a slave. I've just installed the full HEM set-up, can I simply copy the RVG Software folder from my old hard-drive and retain all my settings? I want to save my custom reports as well as the HUD settings etc.

I've got backups for my database so that's all fine, it's just the HEM settings and config I want to keep. I know about copying the Config folder but that doesn't transfer all the settings, when I've done that in the past I've had to spend some time getting it set up again.

morny
05-22-2009, 03:15 PM
The config folder will save info like hud setups and settings within HM, to save custom reports also transfer the reports folder

other than that the only folders youll need is Exported hands type folders if you done exports

I wouldnt think copying and pasting the whole folder will work as im sure HMs installation changes stuff in the registry etc so its best to reinstall it and restore those folders, you wont retain marked hands and bonuses however but well be adding this to export options soon

Skesis
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
OK, thanks for the quick response. I have about 10 different HUD layouts saved (for different sites/table sizes), will they be transfered over if I just move the config and Reports folders?

morny
05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
yeah all that info is stored in the config folder