PDA

View Full Version : is there a known error for HEM importing iPoker HHs exported by PT2?

domino66
08-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Just like the title says, i have around 1M iPoker hands in my PT2 DB that I want to get over to HEM. So i used PT2's Export HHs to File function to export them all to .txt files and tried to get HEM to import them.

I killed the import process after the first 2 minutes when i saw in the import process: 1667 Hands Imported, and 4633 Import Errors.

Something must be wrong here, no?

morny
08-13-2008, 01:14 PM
http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01t2.exe

Update to this version first, also do you have the original hands, PT would transfer these out of the auto import folder to another folder and often these import better than the exported hands because of some problems with the way PT exports hands

domino66
08-14-2008, 10:34 AM
No, I don't have the original files...only the ones that PT2 exports. I don't know if u saw the latest release .01u, but Roy says that there's supposed to be something in there that does the following:

* (1.06.01 NEW) PT2 exports some ipoker hands with negative rake which is obviously wrong and previously HM marked these hands as errors but now it changes the rake to $0 and applies the difference against the amount won.
Roy

That very well might be what was going on, but let me describe one more thing and tell me if you can make sense of this at all, b/c I can't. So as I wrote in the OP, I initiated an import of my PT2-exported iPoker HHs, but as soon as i saw that there were 10-times as many errors as hands actually imported, I killed the process...it had managed to "try" and import around 70 .txt files before i killed the process.

Now here's the very weird thing:

1) First of all, i purged all iPoker HHs from my DB b/c I didn't want all of those errors that i had originally gotten floating around. (I didn't just purge them, but rather i completely deleted the HHs from the DB)

2) Then, I upgraded to the "u" release, and i asked it to import that same batch of iPoker HHs (that i had exported from PT2), and in the status bar after i selected "Import from Folder", it said FOUND 0 FILES TO PROCESS. HOWEVER, when i asked it to import HHs that it *hadn't yet gotten to before i killed the import process as described above*, it successfully found those and imported them (with hardly any errors, great!)

I know the above was confusing, but what it boils down to is this: for some reason HEM was unable to "see" the .txt files that had in them the iPoker HHs that it had previously gotten through and imported (and given me all those errors), but it WAS able to find and import everything else just fine. Why would that be? (this really doesn't matter all that much, i just don't like it when i can't figure things out.)

I'll re-state this one more time b/c i know i haven't been too clear. I thought that after i PURGED/Deleted the iPoker HHs (remember, I did so b/c it had given me a ton of errors when i tried to import them before upgrading to "u"), well, I assumed that it would completely delete those HHs, and therefore if i asked them to import those same HHs again, it would treat them just like HHs that it had never seen before. HOWEVER, when i tried to import those particular HHs, it told me that there were 0 files to process (even though the .txt files were DEFINITELY in the folder). In other words, it was acting as though it knew that it had already imported those files, and therefore was just skipping over them...but the reality is that even though, yes i HAD previuosly asked HEM to import them and it had tried to do so (albeit with lots of errors), I had later purged/deleted all of those HHs. So I guess my question boils down to why HEM didn't act as though it was the FIRST time that it was seeing those hands. I thought that purging/deleting those HHs would essentially make HEM 'forget' that it had ever been asked to import those in the first place, and it would treat them as hands that were being imported for the first time. INSTEAD, it simply ignored them completely as though it thought that it had already imported them (even though i had later purged/deleted them).

morny
08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Ok glad U sorted out the import problems. The 2nd problem is a weird one but involves tricking HM into recognising they are new files and not the same ones it imported by moving them files to a new folder and then importing and this should do the trick. You only need to move the 70 or so files that your purged however.

domino66
08-14-2008, 06:24 PM
deleted by poster