PDA

View Full Version : MUST use preferred seating?

dwallen
08-12-2011, 10:37 PM
It seems that the only way to "lock in" HUD player positions is to use preferred seating. Is that the case?
HM1 remembers HUD positions regardless of which seat you are in.

udbrky
08-13-2011, 04:03 AM
I've played in a few sites that don't use it. But if you use it on the client, you have to use it in hm

dwallen
08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
I never use preferred seating.

So the question is how do you fix the positions of the HUD elements without it?

On Carbon, I open one table. I then move all the HUD stats so they are next to the actual player, not random. But if I open other tables, the stats appear next to the wrong players again.

As near as I can tell, in HM2, unlike HM1, you MUST use preferred seating in order to make your HUD line up right.

udbrky
08-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Do you move the seats after your first hand or when you sit down?

udbrky
08-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Open up 1 table.
Set your HUD up.

In the active sessions window, you have the bottom left corner with your tables. Click the "Use For All Tables" button - make sure your hud you use is chosen in the dropdown box to the left of that.

Now, open a second window. Your HUD should be set up now to line up right.

dwallen
08-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I probably played a dozen hands while i was poking around HM2. Once i finally got everything positioned correctly, i finally open another table, and they are misplaced on that and any other tables.

So. today i opened HM2 again to doublecheck. The problem is worse than i thought. If you look at the attached screenshot you will see that noit only are some mis-positioned, but several players have 2 (count em -- 2) hud stats in random positions.

In the screenshot i moved the ones to the center of the table for clarity. Before that they were overlapping other stats.

i just notced your second post. i can try that next if the dupe stats go away...

udbrky
08-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Please try my steps in the post above.

Also for the 2 huds - it looks like one is 1.0 - please check to make sure you're not running the 1.0 table manager while seeing this.

dwallen
08-14-2011, 06:52 PM
The dupe HUD entries appear to be due to HM1 crashing and leaving Table mnager in the system tray.

Sorry for the false alarm.

udbrky
08-14-2011, 07:08 PM
No worries.

dwallen
08-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Clicking "Use for all tables" had no apparent effect.

On the second table, the stats appear to be physically in the right place, but every single player shows another players stats.

I tried it a second time. This time i noticed that on the second table, it's showing my stats as if i were in the same seat as on table #1. On table 2 i am 1 seat to the right of my seat on table 1, so on table 2 everyone's stats are shifted one player 2 the right.

The stats are physically in the right place. Just wrong players...

udbrky
08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Please look me up on skype for a teamviewer session - udbrky

yllams
08-15-2011, 02:08 AM
same issue here. how was problem fixed

udbrky
08-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Export any huds you have created.

Delete the prefs.xml file in c:\program files\holdemmanager2\configs folder and in

7: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Showing hidden files: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

XP: c:\documents and settings\\appdata\HoldemManager

Showing hidden files: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

uninstall, reinstall

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

Import the HUDs you exported.

Now, open one table. Position your HUDs around.

Go to the Sessions tab.

At the bottom, click "Use For All Tables" button for the HUD you wish to use (select from the dropdown menu to the left of use for all).

Open a second table, HUD's should be positioned right.

yllams
08-15-2011, 03:45 AM
I have done the steps outlined...Problem isnt fixed. When I start the second table the HUDS are in different positions, when I move the HUDS(second table) the first tables HUDs position changes. HEM1 had a button you could push HEM2 doesn't?!!!

edit: Have done the steps again, same result
double edit: hero has to play 3-4 hands before HUDS re-position.

hero just to be in the same position for this to work? everytime heros in a different position HUDS are in the wrong places, when you start to move the HUDs other tables HUDS move...HEM1 for now i think, why can't there be a button like HEM1?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

udbrky
08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
What site is this for?

Have you gone into seating options and set that site/# of players to "-" so that it's not using a preferred seat assignment?

What button are you speaking of in 1.0? Can you add a picture?

if you mean wysiwyg, it's in the requested additions.

yllams
08-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. I worked out the seating had to be '-' and came back on here and saw you posted that exact same thing!!

I must of been mistaken about the button in HEM1, it's been a while.

Regards.

udbrky
08-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Ok, glad to hear it worked.

I hear you. I haven't used it for 4 months now and forget where everything is.

dwallen
08-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Apparently this only works when support is logged in to me with teamviewer :-)

Today, i played for the first time since we thought this got fixed in the teamviewer session. Now, even the first table has the wrong positions.

udbrky
08-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Try backing up, delete prefs, and then reinstall. Change your seat prefs to "-" and then set on one again.

dwallen
08-17-2011, 06:48 PM
instead of deleting prefs.xml i renamed them in thr 2 directories mentioned above in this thread.

HM2 reported an error and refused to start.

After reaming them back, it starts.

EDIT: OOPS. I DIDN'T REINSTALL