PDA

View Full Version : My HEM2 Feedback notes and suggestions

GB223
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
After a few days using HEM2 here is what i think so far.
Like a lot of other players I first too didnt like it and considered going back to HEM1 but i gave it a few more days and I started to like it and get used to it and see its potential but its still very far from becoming prefect or at least ideal and good enough for everybody.
I appologize in advance if some of the things that Im going to mention have been already said by others.

HUD:

I know other have complained about this but i noticed it was not fixed in the latest update release:
size:
the auto rate icon is horrible! its too big and it makes the first line too big as well and it takes too much screen space.
there is also a bug with it, i tried to remove it and i unchecked the 'show auto rate icon' box but it doesnt remove so I hope you give an option to change the size of the icon and also fix this problem so i can completely remove it.
The mucked cards are also too big. I hope you make them smaller or make an option to customize the size.
Colors:
I like the different built in color layouts for the stats but i wish there could be an option to customize it and save the colors that you choose cause its almost impossible to choose again the same exact color unless you insert rgb values which is very inconvenient.
there is option to tag a player with an icon(fish,tag,abc...) or by color. the problem is if you choose a color to a player you cannot remove the color you can only change to a different one.
Popups:
the popups pop a bit too slow. I know there is an option to change the default time (750 ms) for it to appear but here is the problem, if i change it and make it faster then almost every time i move the mouse around popups will appear. now there is an option to make them pop by clicking on the stats but then I cant use the main popup( the one with the tabs which is great btw) because it opens by clicking the stats and if i set the regular popups to appear by clicking then i no longer can use the main popup so my solution is to make an option that one click opens the regular popups and double click opens the main popup. also i dont like the fact that the main popup is in a window box which you have to manually close by clicking the 'x' button. I would like to be like HEM1 and other popups where you just have to click outside the popup any where on the screen or table and it closes up I think its much more easy and convenient.
another popup problem i notice is this, i play on two screens, now if i open a popup on a player who is sitting on the right side of my left screen for example then the popup open and exceeds to my right screen so now the popup is half on one monitor and the other half is on the second monitor which is annoying and hard to read the stats.
stats:
I like the new search feature when choosing a stat i find it very useful

there is an option to save/export and import hud stats but its just the stats and not the whole appearance and configs and costume popups and etc. I wish there was an option of saving the whole thing and also creating a new hud in addition to the ones that exists (default, tourny, omaha ...).

Reports, Sessions and Graphs:

So far i cant decide if i like the reports and sessions tabs and layouts in HEM2 better than in HEM1 but i can only assume that im just not totally used to HEM2 yet.
Reports:
the reports are almost the same as in hem1 I only have one complaint and that is about the 'leak buster - stakes' report. it simply doesnt work. i open this report but for some reason no data appears ( filter is cleared). it only happens with this report.
Sessions:
here is my main disappointment with HEM2. I really liked the sessions tab in hem1 where you can see and compare in a list with different stats for session/days/ weeks/months/ quarterly /yearly. this was very useful for me where
you can see and compare how many hands i played this month comparing to previous months and what was my winrate and $ per hour and so on.
in hem2 there is an option for choosing date ranges which can be today/yesterday/this week/last week/thiis month/last month and so on.. but i cant see for example all months in a list and compare them.
there is an option to that in reports=>sessions but its only good for sessions and i cant change that to days or months. there is also a bug with that report=>sessions it doesnt show my last two session for some reason.
I really hope you would change it the way it was on hem1 or make it something similar with all i mentioned above on hem2.
I also wish you could put back the little hem tray icon where i can just put the mouse over and a popup appears with the number of hands played and $win/loss for this current session that was very very useful. i know i can see all that in sessions tab but its not convenient to that in between hands.
Graphs:
As a stocktrader i use lots of graph softwares and i know a thing or two about graphs and the graph in hem2 could use some improvements.
the graph looks a bit weird and thats because the frame of the graph is not set up right. in hem1 btw it was fine but for some reason its different in hem2 and ill explain: the frame of the graph should be adjusted to the lowest and highest points of the graph line otherwise it just looks weird and stretched asides. you can see in the pic that ill upload what i mean.
I would like to have an option to customize the graph lines thickness (i think its to thick) and colors for winning/allin ev/rakeback and etc.
It would be also very nice if the graph had some more features kinda like they have on PTR (their graph is horrible btw) like points on the graph for 10k hands reached 100k hands, biggest pot, best/worst session/day and etc...
also to make two lines on graph for different stakes and setup the graph to show bb won and then you can compare between the two lines.
Rakeback an bonuses:
in hem1 i had an option to save/export and import RB and bonus files but hem2 dont have that option and i had to manually add bonuses i guess ill have to that every time i create a new database i hope you will add the option of importing/ exporting to that.
there is also a bug with the rakeback bonus in the graph.I check the box for it to show in the graph but it just doesnt show the blue line(filter is cleared).

I hope i helped pointing out the leaks in hem2 from my point of view.

udbrky
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
How long does it take for popups to come up? Mine are instant.

Please post a screenshot of your rakeback settings. My graph shows it.

For the sessions issue, please make sure that your hands show up as having been played at the correct time. Add hand time stamp in settings - hands view column. In reports - sessions are the hands showing the time that you played? If not, go into hand importing - site time adjustment and click auto detect.

After this, do you still have issues with recent sessions not showing?

I passed along the idea of milestones on the graphs.

The rest has been passed along. Thank you for your feedback.

GB223
08-14-2011, 06:58 AM
I changed the time setting when I installed HEM2 so my older session(played with hem1) are showing poker client time zone but not mine and recent sessions are showing correct time. Now the main issue is that session report stopped displaying recent sessions and only displays prior to 9/8/11. (The 'sessions' tab shows all sessions correctly)

Here is Rakeback and bonus setting screenshot

there is also a bug i forgot to mention in my feedback
sometime when i add stats to reports i cannot remove them. see remove stat screenshot

udbrky
08-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Please look me up to do a teamviewer session - udbrky - I don't get any of these issues.

GB223
08-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Please look me up to do a teamviewer session - udbrky - I don't get any of these issues.

sorry for the noob question but how do I do that? I have downloaded the teamviewer software but how do i look you up?

udbrky
08-15-2011, 05:24 PM
on skype