PDA

View Full Version : Running two copies simultaneously?

cirobonano
07-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi, is it possible to run two copies at the same time (on on my pc where I'm playing, on on my laptop where I'm importing datamined hands), both connected to my server (a 3rd pc)?

morny
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I dont see why not but is there any reason why you want to do it this way?

Why not just run it on the pc your playing? I can understand wanting to run a 3rd PC for datamining but i would think you would need a 2nd license because holdem manager only allows you to run 2 copies.

cirobonano
07-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Okay, let me explain.

PC3 = A linux server running the postgresql database
PC1 = My own pc where I'm playing poker
PC2 = My laptop, importing datamined hands.

So only PC1 and PC2 have a HM licence, and PC2 imports them not to slow down my first pc. But in this setup, both PC1 and PC2 access the database at the same time, so I wondered if that's possible.

Rvg72
07-14-2008, 02:24 AM
I know this is possible since there are people doing this right now. Basically create the database on one of the computers and then backup and restore on to the linux box and then setup all the networking and postgresql to accept the external connections. It can get pretty tricky if you have not done this before but if you have then you shouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Roy

cirobonano
07-15-2008, 05:06 AM
I know this is possible since there are people doing this right now. Basically create the database on one of the computers and then backup and restore on to the linux box and then setup all the networking and postgresql to accept the external connections. It can get pretty tricky if you have not done this before but if you have then you shouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Roy
Okay thanks; everything is already set up but didn't want to run two copies of HM at the same time. I remember PT gave you a warning when you launched two copies, so maybe there was some issue with that.