PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mulitple player with same Alias at PartyPoker

AntiMatter
05-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Party recently changed their system so that you can change your alias once per month. Moreover, you can now "steal" an expired player alias.

Unfortunately, some copycats are playing under one or two of my old aliases. Thus when I look up my "Hero" alias in HEM, there are a bunch of hands which I havent played.

The ideal solution would be to set up date-ranged player aliases (e.g. when I was playing under that name). Or can you think of a work around?

morny
05-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow, thats one weird setup allowing people to use old aliases, which will likely be a pain to fix too, ill escalate this to Roy

Rvg72
05-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Just when you think Party have run out of new ways to make programmers lives difficult they come up with this amazing concept.

Not sure how I am going to handle this but will probably do something with the aliases like you mentioned. As for overall hud stats - they will definitely be merged with previous players with that name

Roy

AntiMatter
05-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Just when you think Party have run out of new ways to make programmers lives difficult they come up with this amazing concept.

LOL, indeed....

Not sure how I am going to handle this but will probably do something with the aliases like you mentioned. As for overall hud stats - they will definitely be merged with previous players with that name

Roy

Oh yeah forgot about that. One options might be to have an option to only use the last e.g. 3 months data in the HUD. This would have the benefit of being more generally useful for avid dataminers, who only want to display their most recent data.

morny
05-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Makes stats not so useful there too, there is no way of knowing now if your playing against the same fellow you have 10k stats on or a fish/nit has taken over hes account now, it would be enough to make me not play there. Id hate be making decisions based on stats of another player