PDA

View Full Version : HUD on 888 "flashing"

inavacuum
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Whenever a pop-up is moused over, every HUD window will flash/flicker, it's quite disturbing to the eyes. This only happens on 888, I have no problems at all on a multitude of other sites. It occurs both with and without "force on-top" enabled. Any ideas?

Patvs
08-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

inavacuum
08-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I have the latest version, running W7/ESET Security. Everything is set to run as admin and allowed in the firewall (also tested with firewall turned off - same result). Windows up to date, video card up to date.

Patvs
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Also add the 888 main .exe file to the firewall exceptions list.

Turn off the Windows AERO interface.

inavacuum
08-14-2011, 05:43 PM
None of those things fixes the problem.

Interestingly, if I use HM2 the HUD behaves properly, but I'd rather not use HM2 if possible.

netsrak
08-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Is your 888 client uptodate? They have no update check in older versions.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

inavacuum
08-15-2011, 05:08 AM
I assume it is - only downloaded it about a week ago.

I have uploaded holdemmanager.config

netsrak
08-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Your auto-import configuration looks buggy for me:
This line
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\Hands,False,False,
is incomplete
which may cause flickering problems.

I suggest you delete all auto-import entries (you can create a backup copy of the holdemmanager.config file before doing this).
Add only pacific and the internal HM folders to the auto-import and try again.

inavacuum
08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I did this but to no avail. It may be there is no solution. Thank you though.

Patvs
08-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.