PDA

View Full Version : please help

cort
05-20-2009, 05:52 PM
i'm nearly in tears... this is so frustrating. i've had manager for about 4 months, no problems works fine, but on my laptop it stopped working a week ago. i have done EVERY SINGLE STEP in the faq's, i have followed the additional steps for vista, i've removed and reinstalled the postgre thingy... still keep getting the error message that it can't connect - i have now done these steps another 2 times in a row, every single step... i am ready to kill myself, what do i do

cort
05-20-2009, 06:32 PM
okay i see i should have posted this in the manager bugs section, so maybe you can move it or maybe you will help me here. but i am seriously frustrated and i have been working on this for over 3 hours now, and i am now wishing i never bought this stupid manager because obv it is littered with problems.

i am using hold em manger 1.07, i get the error message: Failed to establish a connection to ‘127.0.0.1’ then i get another message after i click ok to that one... it reads: holdem manager has determined that you are using vista in order to have it run well then i will need to disable user account controls - which i have done, then it takes me to a prompt box to connect to postgresql, but obv does not connect or correct the problem.

i then followed all of the steps uninstalling and reinstalling postgresql, including changing and ticking all necessary steps for firewall and defender and user account is turned off. i read that i needed to shut it down (not a problem it won't f'ing come on) and right click on properties and the nompatability TAB in Priveledge level tick run as administrator if your using VISTA - but i don't have a priveledge tab, nor is there anything to tick run administator. this is the only step i can't perform because the tabs don't exist... all of this is making me angrier and angrier because nothing works.

during the writing of this i decided to try and launch holdem manager again so i could give you the exact error messages, and now it is frozen, won't initialize won't turn off, i had to use task manager to close it, it never started, but it was just frozen.

i don't know why u need to know, but u said to include what sites u play on... i only care about poker stars... i just want it to work on my laptop again... can someone please help this is ridiculous.

morny
05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Please see this FAQ http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182 and also this one http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34 and if that dosent work email me to arrange a suitable time to do a teamviewer session tommorrow (1am here now)