PDA

View Full Version : urgent problem need help please

un1bomber
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey, for some reason starting today my hands were being imported but not showing up on my cash games results or anyhting

my table manger and HUD are working perfectly fine... but for some reason the hands arent importing

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
FTP, only play on FTP

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
yes

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
YES THE HANDS ARE BEING IMPORTED AND NOT SHOWING ERRORS BUT MY STATS AINT UPDATING IN NONE OF THE TABS, IM MISSING MY LAST 2 SESSIONS NOW

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
YES AND THEY SHOW CORRECTLY

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
yes

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
yes

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
yes

please contact me for a TV session ASAP either via email or this thread thank you so much

morny
05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Ok if the stats import when you create a new database and they also show correctly then the old database is corrupted. Please export your hands from the old database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 then create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands into the new database and all should be fine

un1bomber
05-20-2009, 07:25 PM
ugh morny is there ANY other way to do this? I had a problem last time and had to do your above method... it literally took 2 days of my time and i lost all my bonus/rakeback info that i inputted in

as well, if my hands are being imported and i can see them on my HUD, but my results are not showing at all will the hands 'missing' from my results be exported?

un1bomber
05-20-2009, 07:33 PM
also, what can i do in the future to prevent random "corruption" to my database? I have a VERY large database and "corruption" has happend before.... it is a very long and annoying process to get everything working again to say the least

Thx!

morny
05-20-2009, 07:49 PM
You can test first by creating a new database and see if the hands import but if its corrupt then there is no other option, maybe try running a vacuum but if its a big database that will take a while and unlikely to fix it

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

un1bomber
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
oh shit that is definately what happend... my power went off last night!!! My hard drive is fine for sure I got it 2 months ago.

ok morny can you please help me with my bonus info? how do I export that or get that from my old database to the new one which im going to create and import all the exported hands? Last time it didnt transfer over and I had to re-enter my bonuses 1 by 1 it was realllllllly annoying

any help is much appreciated

Thx!!!

morny
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah i dont think you can transfer the bonus info but ill check with Roy if its possible

un1bomber
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
thx morny! PLEASE check if there are any solutions for that....right now my hands are still importing... i left it on overnight and even when it has been on for like 10 hrs there's still another 20 hrs to go......... so it looks like I cant play with my HUD on until all my old files are improted right? I dont want to press stop import right now im scared if i do it will take forever to load them again...

but yea about the bonuses, it takes like 1hr for me to get them alll in I have a lot of info to put.... any help is really appreciated

thx!

morny
05-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah until it finishes that import it cannot get access to the hand history folder so youll need to wait until it finishes before you can use the hud

Rvg72
05-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Can you access your old DB through HM? I mean just get it so that HM loads up, doesn't need to import. If so then I can add an "Export Bonuses" option in 1.09 Beta 1. Will also be adding "Export Rake", "Export Marked Hands" etc

Roy

un1bomber
05-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Can you access your old DB through HM? I mean just get it so that HM loads up, doesn't need to import. If so then I can add an "Export Bonuses" option in 1.09 Beta 1. Will also be adding "Export Rake", "Export Marked Hands" etc

Roy

Roy, yes I can access the db, everything works fine except the results.. if you can add that I would be ecstatic

thank you!!!!!!!!