PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully a simple Q regarding stars.fr

razor25
08-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi - I am a little lost.

I can see you guys support pokerstars.fr from your other threads, but I am not sure how to set up HEM with it, because pokerstars.fr only email hand histories and do not seem to save a HH anywhere.

Can someone just give me a quick pointer please?
thanks

CDB_HM
08-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi - I am a little lost.

I can see you guys support pokerstars.fr from your other threads, but I am not sure how to set up HEM with it, because pokerstars.fr only email hand histories and do not seem to save a HH anywhere.

Can someone just give me a quick pointer please?
thanks

stars.fr save hands directly to your hard drive.

Please follow the FAQ guide which shows how to configure your setting with stars http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/Poker+Stars+Setup

razor25
08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
yeah this is not happening for some reason.

Windows 7 & Vista Users: By default, Poker Stars saves Hand History files to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\PokerStars\Handhis tory. These are Hidden Files by default so if you're going to use this folder for your Hand Histories you must tell Windows to unhide Hidden Files files.

this username folder doesnt exist.

Patvs
08-19-2011, 04:37 PM
"Username" will be the name of your account name.

razor25
08-20-2011, 06:09 AM
cannot see 'application data'...

fozzy71
08-20-2011, 09:37 AM
yeah this is not happening for some reason.

Windows 7 & Vista Users: By default, Poker Stars saves Hand History files to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\PokerStars\Handhis tory. These are Hidden Files by default so if you're going to use this folder for your Hand Histories you must tell Windows to unhide Hidden Files files.

this username folder doesnt exist.

cannot see 'application data'...

If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/130/HowToSeeHiddenFilesInWindows

razor25
08-21-2011, 11:00 AM
ah i see, done. thanks.

one last question. just noticed when reading the faq for setting up auto import folders that it says 'do not add c:/' etc. but then all the examples you give have c:... etc.

i dont really follow.
thanks

Patvs
08-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Don't add "C:\" + subfolders.

Also don't add C:/Program Files/PokerStars/ + subfolders (but instead add: C:/Program Files/PokerStars/Handhistory)
Otherwise .txt files from ALL other non-poker subfolder will try to get imported and moved to the archive folder.

razor25
08-22-2011, 04:05 AM
this makes no sense and i need to know whether i have added anything that will slow down my computer.

netsrak
08-22-2011, 09:15 AM
It makes much sense.
If you want us to check your auto-import folder configuration please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

razor25
08-22-2011, 09:19 AM
clearly it doesnt make sense because I am still posting and try being polite - I think potential users of HEM can see I have 90-odd posts since buying HEM, which doesn't give great vibes does it?

its pretty simple: my auto import folders are in my c drive somewhere, your examples say they should be in your c drive and all of a sudden, something says dont put C:/ whatever or it will seriously slow down your computer. So as I am a non-techie, try explaining that simply to me.

Sarek
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Please provide "holdemmanager.config" file.

razor25
08-22-2011, 01:51 PM
my config file has two folders: 'autorate' and 'pre flop ranges', plus a bundle of other stuff like boss.txt etc etc.

please stop assuming i know exactly what you are talking about.

Sarek
08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
It must be there. Enable "show file extentions" in windows.22461
See picture.

Patvs
08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
This is how your auto import folders settings should look like: (in the holdemmanager.config file)

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Program Files (x86)\Everest Poker\history,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandH istory,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\HandHistory,Tru e,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Microgaming\Poker\LadbrokesMPP\,False,True,C:\H MArchive
C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP\,False,True,C: \HMArchive
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\P5\bwin\handhist ory,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\PacificPoker\H andHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Poker Application\Absolute Poker\HandHistory,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Program Files (x86)\Everest Poker\History,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\PokerStars\Tourn Summary,True,True,C:\HMArchive

Notice, they all use 1 archive folder, C:/HMArchive.
And for most sites they're saved in a "handhistory" subfolder (example .../Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory)

If your folder settings look like:
C:\,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\,True,True,C:\HMArchive
C:\HMArchive, True,True,C:\HMArchive

it will cause many problems, because:
C:\,True,True,C:\HMArchive (now it will scan EVERY folder on your computer for .txt files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\,True,True,C:\HMArchive (it will now move .txt files from other Full Tilt subfolders)
C:\HMArchive, True,True,C:\HMArchive (this will create an import "loop")

---

If you use the auto detect folders, and don't manually make any weird 'creative' changes yourself, you will never end up with such wrong settings.

razor25
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
i think i have attached your config file. is it attached?

razor25
08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
further to this can you explain simply how to set this archive folder up without slowing my pc.

Patvs
08-24-2011, 05:20 PM
You don't have any auto import folder in your list.

Click on the auto detect so it will add default folders like: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data,True,True,C:\HMArchive

And manually add the folder where PokerStars.fr is saving the handhistories and summaries.

If any change you make to those settings isn't being saved, it's caused because HoldemManager doesn't have proper administrator privileges.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Turn off UAC: Turn off User Account Control: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

razor25
08-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Ok, presumably thats because i recently deleted a database.
Ignoring pokerstars.fr for the moment, let's start again when it comes to setting up HEM. I know how to do it and have done it before, but I still need the c:drive thing explained clearly, because the instructions seem to say its ok, but the FAQ warns against it.

netsrak
08-25-2011, 08:52 AM
It simply warns you to only add the handhistory folders of the pokerclients to the auto-import list and not folders like c:\ or c:\program files or whatever.

razor25
09-08-2011, 03:46 AM

can you take a look at this then please.

fozzy71
09-08-2011, 08:21 AM

can you take a look at this then please.

This part is setup properly now, assuming you never play tournaments. If you play tournaments you need to also add the Tournament Histories folder.

<setting name="AutoImportFolderList">C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\Hands,False,False,
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory \KneelJP,True,True,C:\HMArchive
</setting>

Stars did not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive in the past, like FTP did. They recently added this feature, so please enable the option in the PokerStars client and add the folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/441/Poker+Stars+Tournament+Summary+Setup

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

You need to update to the latest version:

<setting name="HEMVersion">1.11.07b</setting>

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe