PDA

View Full Version : Request: change default HUD [Ticket #2418]

Pure Presence
08-11-2011, 07:11 AM
When I go to HUD Options the "Default 2.0 HUD" is selected for configuration. I don't use this thing and it's annoying to have to reselect your HUD every single time. Since "You can not delete the default configuration", I propose a "make default" button to make the HUD you actually use the default one.

CDB_HM
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
When I go to HUD Options the "Default 2.0 HUD" is selected for configuration. I don't use this thing and it's annoying to have to reselect your HUD every single time. Since "You can not delete the default configuration", I propose a "make default" button to make the HUD you actually use the default one.

In step 3, you can replace that with any HUD you have customized and you should have a new default HUD.

CDB

udbrky
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
We are also working on having a "replace all" instead of just certain types and games, for a one-stop make this my only hud that ever comes up option.

Pure Presence
08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
CDB,

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't work. When I start HM and go to HUD Options the "Default 2.0 HUD" is still selected for configuration and I have to manually select the HUD I actually use (note that I'm not talking about which HUD shows up at the tables, but which one you're configuring when you go to HUD Options within HM, see screenshot). Ideally I'd like to delete the Default HUD altogether (why isn't this possible?), but at the very least I don't want it to bug me every time I configure my HUD.

fozzy71
08-12-2011, 09:57 AM

CDB,

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't work. When I start HM and go to HUD Options the "Default 2.0 HUD" is still selected......

I believe the Default HUD is hard-coded.

I understand what you are saying and I just duplicated it, but this is the same way that HM1 acted (and this used to annoy me on also).

If you edited a HUD in HM1 and go back to the Player Preferences menu the same HUD config would be selected. If you close and relaunch HM1 and go to the Player Preferences the Default HUD will again be the pre-selected config. Every time you restart the software it reverts to the (Default) HUD config at the top of the drop-down menu/list.

I changed from the default 2.0 hud to the omaha HUD to do some editing. I assigned it to Any Site and then closed and relaunched the HUD Options menu. The Omaha HUD config was still selected from my last editing session.

I then closed HM2 and launched it again. Now when I go to HUD Options the Default 2.0 is again selected initially instead of the last HUD I edited.

I duplicated the exact same behavior in the latest HM1 build also.

I will write this up as a feature request to see if it can be added in the future.