PDA

View Full Version : Microgaming import issue #2068

Hilips
08-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Since day one i have problems importing Microgaming hands.

Just now i try to import (manual import) 10 GameHistory files that i saved for this month play and 0 hands were imported. I try to play a few SNG and can't, no hands are imported either (autoimport).

The only way i managed to import a few SNG was yesterday when i reinstall HM (because of the new reports) and HM2 actually imported the GameHistory.dat file that i was using at the time. Right after that i try to import the other files but with no luck, try to import the same file after played a couple more SNG and nothing.

The size of the files go from 7mb to 30mb.

Zhus
08-12-2011, 10:42 AM
It is true. On Unibet I have problems with HM2. Randomly it won't pop-up HUD nor track any hands. After multiple restarts it works but not for long...

DogNamedBluff
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Microgamming/Prima HUD and import issues are known and written up to be fixed. Thank you.

Hilips
08-27-2011, 11:34 AM
FWIW, still can't import all the hands.

udbrky
08-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Please upload them to a file storage site (megaupload, dropbox work well) and email a link with a link to this thread to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Hilips
08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
You know who was the guy sending HH to Roy about this exact bug when HM1 beta came out? Me.

Not doing it again. Its kind of sad and strange to see all the same bugs HM1 had years and years ago on HM2.

morny
08-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I cant say without seeing the hands but i'm guessing the issue is with the actual gamehistory.dat file, you said the sizes were 7mb-30mb and what we have observed is when the files start to get large several issues start occuring which cause this issue, again im making a presumtion as you havent made the hands but from my experience the actual .dat files do become corrupt from time to time, once this happens HM cannot import the hands, the only way to fix this is to delete the gamehistory.dat and create a new one.

We have already addressed these issues by implementing a feature that archives the .dat file when it reaches 2mb and were hopefully this will sort the issues out with the large size databases, if the problem is the .dat file is becoming corrupt then there really isn't anything we can do on our end and its something Prima would need to address however if you believe the issue is not caused by the size or the corrupt issue then its simply a parsing issue which we can solve but not without the database, email me the database to pmorny@holdemmanager.com and ill personally writeup a bug and give you a number to track it but please be aware since its beta there is going to a high number of bugs and so i cant give you an accurate ETA but ill put it high priority to speed the process along.

That fix should be in the latest official release afaik so if its not archiving your big files >2mb then please let me know and ill do further testing, maybe it wasnt released yet and if so ill get you an internal release and see if it solves the issues.

p.s if the file is > 2mb please upload it somewhere and send me the link as it will likely bounce back

Hilips
08-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Morny, the files get to 2mb with like 30m of play. I don't think archieving the file with that small of a size will acomplishe much. You are assuming that ppl close the session in betwen every session, i don't believe that to be true. If i made 5 sessions in a day i never close the poker client and at the end of the day the file is 10mb easy.

My actual data file is at 6mb now and i only played 1200hands yesterday, 2h of play. I have 37 stored files for this month play and only 3 are less then 2MB, the majority is +10mb.

Since im not using HM2 for playing, because of all the bugs with Microgaming, the archieving feature doesn't help. This problem is with the manual import, not autoimport.

With autoimport we have this bug, pretty sure you are very familiar with it, HUD auto detect in certain table (again, like it happen on HM1 when the Microgaming update the name of the tables): http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/110981-hud-doesnt-start-up-anonymous-tables-microgaming-prima-2240-a-2.html

The staff is not even aware of the bug: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/116661-still-hud-not-working.html

Without this two issue fixed i can't use HM2. Ok, and overhang, but thats a feature not a bug.

Hilips
08-30-2011, 07:26 AM
I tested in play just now, with a 6mb dat file and no hand is being imported, i checked with table finder.

Hilips
09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Tested again with the last version:

With a GameHistory.dat file of 25MB and autoimporting the new played hands are not even importing. But they do autoimport if the HH file is new (0mb).

udbrky
10-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Close your client while HM2 is open, so it will auto archive the file. The problem is the size of the file.

You can also move the file from c:\microgaming\client\poker\gamehistory.dat to your c:\hmarchive, reopen the client so it creates a new one and play.

Hilips
10-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I know, that's what i was reporting.

If HM1 works 100% with no hassle no matter what the HH file size is i consider this to be a bug in HM2.

I have the poker client open all the time and i only open HM2 when i play, obv HM2 can't move the file this way. What happens is when i start playing? I have no hud! Have to close the client etc. To much work when i have NONE with the first version.

udbrky
10-02-2011, 05:26 AM
I will pass this along to see what we can do.