PDA

View Full Version : EV calculation bug

lonelycube
05-19-2009, 01:29 AM
PLO, Everest
I go AI on flop vs 2 player. pot is $365. 3rd player folds to river bet. I have put 128.75 into pot and lost. report shows -$128.75 in $-column 128.75 in EV $ Diff-column and -100.0 in Equity %-column.

This happened after I chose "fix EV for current player". I did this because the Equity % column was empty for that hand but I cannot recall what the EV $ Diff value said before.

I just ckecked for other hands with the same problem and there are a few.
There are a couple of things they have in common:
-They are all multi-way
-There is never going any more money into the pot after the AI. Sometimes it is checked down, something someones bets anyone else out of the pot
-it doesn't matter who wins the pot
-The AI street is recognised correctly
-it always shows -100.0 in the Equity % column
-The EV $ Diff column shows my negated stack I invested

using 1.08.04

Rvg72
05-19-2009, 02:30 AM
thanks for posting this - could you email me 1 hand where this is an issue and we will fix ASAP

Roy

lonelycube
05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
sent email to support@holdemmanager.net
couldn't find any email on homepage, so I guessed

lonelycube
05-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Same holds true for PLO at Full Tilt.

lonelycube
05-22-2009, 11:42 PM
another bug (PLO, everest), still version 1.08.04

3 players, 1 AI pre-flop, stated correctly by HM, 3rd gets bet off his hand on flop, Equity % shows equity on flop but should show equity pre-flop.

lonelycube
05-23-2009, 12:33 AM
and the same again just on street later. rest goes in on flop, 3rd player got bet off on turn, equity taken from turn

seems like you look for the last action of any player but not for the last action of the AI player.

oddchild
05-23-2009, 05:30 AM
I just played the following hand, and HEM says thre is no EV ajustment to be had from it. Is this the same problem?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4268598

morny
05-23-2009, 02:10 PM
and the same again just on street later. rest goes in on flop, 3rd player got bet off on turn, equity taken from turn

seems like you look for the last action of any player but not for the last action of the AI player.

Yes, the calculation is made on the street where the last action is since we dont know the actions of future streets or what cards were all in against and the calculations can be skewed depending on whether 1 or 2 of the other players end up all in.

I just played the following hand, and HEM says thre is no EV ajustment to be had from it. Is this the same problem?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4268598

Can you attach the original HH please

lonelycube
05-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Ok, I will try to explain it once more.

situation is always like this: 3 players, 1 shortie, 2 big stacks

1) shortie AI pre-flop, 2 big stacks check down. -> no equity adjustment for AI shortie, why?

2) shortie AI pre-flop, 1 bs bets flop or turn), 2nd bs folds, Equity % is taken from flop (or turn), why not pre-flop? pre-flop was the street shortie went AI, no further called bets made

3) same as 2 but this time 2nd bs calls and is AI as well. Here I can kind of understand if you take the equity on the flop for ALL players. But I would prefer if you could calc the shortie with pre-flop equity.

if you run fix ev for current player Equity % will turn into -100.0 in situation 1)

so is this a bug or is there a concept behind this I can't grasp?

morny
05-23-2009, 06:28 PM
1) This is because our equity calculations are done on the street where the last action is however if its checked down to the river HM dosent do the calculation because there is no calculation to do since its either 100% or % at that stage and all in calculations must be made by the turn and since it didnt know the cards at the turn it cannot make the calculation. In later version well be looking more at EV so it will avoid situations like this but this is how its done at the moment.

2) Answered above but then if they the other 2 get all in on later streets this also effects the equity but someone with a big stack will say why was the equity calculated preflop when they got their stack in good on the turn but were behind on the river

3) Answered in 1 and 2

lonelycube
05-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Alright, I am confident you will do the right things at the appropriate time.