PDA

View Full Version : HM Time Settings

Sati
05-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi,

iīve some troubles with the time display in the HM .

Iīm playing Ongame/bwin, HM 1.08.03,Vista

The time which is shown in the cash game session display is 2 hours behind the actual time iīm in (for the moment GMT+2)

I can change in the HM software options/miscellaneous options/set time starts at to what ever value i want without any change on the display.

Then i tried to change the Vista time with result that the HM software crushed.

In bwin software there is only the option to change between GMT+2 and eastern time which would be 6 hours behind.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this problems or where to look at??

thanks in advance

morny
05-18-2009, 05:27 PM
The time HM displays is from the poker HH, we dont assign this and introduce day starts at to offset this when looking in today and yesterdays filters however HM dosent change the time physically

Sati
05-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Morny,

i tried several things but nothng really worked. At least i can but in the HM at the day starts at each value i want with no further impact on the display.

For the moment i want to have a look on the original HandHistory of Bwin but i couldnīt find it anymore. I using the Ram Drive as proposed by HM.

The file or the directory where itīs stored shows me an SQl Database File but no text file anymore. And for the Database file iīve no idea hw to open it or which software works.

Can you give me any advice how to get the original Bwin file displayed??
thx

morny
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah you can open the database with notepad but its all jumbled up and hard to piece together. I guess you could email them and see if they have a text format they supply hands in

Sati
05-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Morny.

Iīver now got the reply of the Bwin customer service and they told me thatīs not possible to change the time in their HandHistory.
Then i reviewed one HH and the used time was Eastern Time(ET)

This time oviously get used directly by Holdem Manager and displayed in the cash game/session section.

I thought then that HM change this time according to the configuration "time starts at". But whatever i change there iīve no impact in the displayed time.

Could it be that any Filter setting or something else avoid the impact of the time starts at offset or under which conditions the offset is working?

regards

morny
05-26-2009, 12:01 PM
As i mentioned, we dont change the time pysically but for example lets say you like to see your hands for today or yesterday but there is a 3 hour difference, you can use the day starts at option to offset this six hours.

Lets say you have a a hand history thats 1am poker server time but the local time you played that was at 10pm, this means its 3 hours ahead of you so if you look at todays hands it only shows hands from midnight since midnight starts a new day for you. But its only 10pm so you want to see all hands for today not just the ones for the last hour. You set it 3am, so now all hands that are played after 3am(midnight your time) are on a new day and the hands played before 3am are all counted as todays hands.

Its difficult to explain but again we dont change the hand history time just how HM displays the hands for today and yesterday filters

Sati
05-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Now i think i got you.
HM just use the day start at just only for filter options but doesntīchange anything of the displayed time taken out of the HH file.

Am i right?

My problem in understanding is/was more or less that the displyed time of the ongame session was in the past ok. Then i thought it due to that it is a HM setting problem.
It might be that they changed something in their software.

morny
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes that is correct, we never change the HH time for any site including ongame however we know Ongame also have problems where the time goes back and forward 1 hour sometimes but thats something theyll need to fix

etay0330
07-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Morny, I got kind of similar problem but a little different.

Let's say I play on one site that uses EST and I play on the other that's 8 hours apart from EST. Now I could be playing both sites at the same time but they still won't show up correctly in 'Today' a lot.

Is there anything in the works that can just sort 'Today' according to our local time, no matter what time zone the sites use?

netsrak
07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I'll send Roy a link to this thread.