PDA

View Full Version : database "merge" question

Colin252
05-18-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm thinking about getting a laptop and running HM on it, my question is, can (and how) i put the hands from my desktop onto my laptop, and vice versa so that both databases contain the same info? Ideally I'd like to do a weekly "merge" so that both databases are up to date, is this feasible?

lonelycube
05-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I solved a similar demand by using live mesh. Thats a sync tool by Microsoft that syncs your folders (hand hisitories) on multiple computers. It uploads the folder content to a MS-server and if the 2nd computer goes online it retrieves the data from the server. its free and works up to 5 GB. You can even invite others to subscribe to your folders. I found that this is the easiest way to keep my databases in sync.
www.mesh.com
There are other services which do the same thing but I haven't checkedout.

morny
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Slightly more complicated option if the above one dosent suit http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=154

Colin252
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Ok got mesh all set up, do I really have to upload each one of the files from my exported database seperately? There's tons of them!! Whe i go to upload it won't alolow me to do the whole folder, just individual files.

Also, When say in a weeks time when i come to update this again will importing my whole database cuase any duplication problems?

netsrak
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Duplicates will be recognized and not be imported again.

I don't know anything about this mesh solution but i would setup a network connection between the 2 computers and copy the files directly. And yes you have to import them on both computes.