PDA

View Full Version : Making me activate again, but will not activate?

roundcat
05-17-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm going through Holdem Manager withdrawals today.

It was working fine last night, but after I restarted my PC today and fired Holdem Manager up again, it made me re-enter my serial number, then activate the software. However, the activation process just hung and eventually ended saying there were errors during activation. I've tried it several times with the same result. I'm using beta 1.08 version 22.

Please help... I feel naked without my HUD and session stats!

roundcat
05-17-2009, 06:52 PM
A little more information -- after it tries for awhile to activate, I get the following message:

"There were errors during activation. You can retry activating online or go back and try another method. If problems persist please contact customer service."

The when I click on "Details," it says this:

"Could not activate license at server. The operation has timed out."

:confused:

After I close out I get a screen that says there are issues with my license, and offers some suggestions. Could there be a problem with my registration key? Is there someone I should send it to who can check?

morny
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Please try these suggestions http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=159 but it sounds like either the firewall or antivirus are causing the problem id try completely uninstalling them if none of the other steps work as disabling them usually dosent work

roundcat
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I also tried firing up version 1.06 and it won't even let me get past registration. I fill out the reg screen, then it goes to "Registering online. Please be patient..." and just hangs there to the point of going blank and being unresponsive. Then eventually another screen comes up that says, "A valid license could not be obtained for 'Holdem Manager'. Please contact RVG Software Ltd for assistance."

I've restarted my computer -- that didn't help.

The only change to my system since Holdem Manager was working last night was a download and install of the latest Adobe Reader.

I bought the software and received the serial number in November 2008.

roundcat
05-17-2009, 07:09 PM
OK, will take a look at McAfee. I've been getting some errors from it during the past couple of days. Thank you.

roundcat
05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
McAfee is now completely gone and PC has been restarted.

Still didn't work.

Downloaded the latest beta version of Holdem Manager. Same problem.

Arggggggghhhhhhh!

My serial number couldn't have just all of a sudden gone *poof* from the database or something?

roundcat
05-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Working now!

Sorry for all the posts... it's been a "troubled software" day.

Not sure exactly what the problem was, but after I downloaded new antivirus software I was also denied access to get updates for that, so I downloaded an update from them that made a change to allow access. After restarting, both that and Holdem Manager worked.

I'll accept some mystery in exchange for functionality....