PDA

View Full Version : HM2 UI feedback

Singum
08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi,

I tried HM2 beta for a few days and I want to give some feedback about the UI.

+ nicer and more polished looking overall
- The speed/performance/responsiveness is not impressive on my machine of Core-i3, 4G RAM, Win7 x64 and a sample DB of 300k hands. Yes, it's slow to switch tabs/screens.
- Line of graph is too bold and not "sensitive" like HM1
- I feel the UI is not as intuitive as HM1. Many info are hideous behind menus, need a lot of guessing and looking. The old tabs like Hands, Graphs now hide inside Reports: Overall & Cash Result Graph. I dont know is there anyway to customize to put them to top menu. The More Report button needs redesign.
- I cant browse and group sessions per days, months, etc. while having applied filters.
- Havent seen more significant benefit for my poker than HM1 so far.

It's long way to go to convince me to buy this upgrade.

udbrky
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
How long does it take to change tabs? Keep in mind that HM2 does more processing and compiling when it switches than 1 does. The first time loading the ribbons in a session take longer as it sets up for later.

The graph has not been finished.

I suggest taking time to use the UI more, as we placed things in tabs that you will use while on that tab.

The sessions per days/months has not been added yet.

What do you feel like isn't a big benefit so far?

What don't you like about the more reports button? It looks like a report, showing that you can get more reports.

Singum
08-09-2011, 12:10 PM
- It takes 1-2 to 4-5 sec to switch

- I am not sure what font are using but some text are small and hard to read on my LCD (ClearType on)

- Things that I dont like about the More Reports is not the graphics, it hides content. Too many things behinds that button :). Probably we break down Reports to several parts and add them to top menu.

udbrky
08-09-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm not really seeing a benefit to breaking up more reports. We will add more to the default reports that are loaded on install.

Remember that when the ribbon loads, it's processing and compiling hands, it takes more time at first to cut time later on.

What resolution and screensize do you have? Please include a screenshot of text that is too small.