PDA

View Full Version : Exported Hands folder not showing

lonelycube
05-17-2009, 03:41 AM
I exported some hands from the report window and HM promted a message saying that it stored the hands in an ExportedHands folder in the HM program directory. But I couldn't find the folder there. I suspect UAC to be the problem. That made me wondering why you try to store data in the program folder. Isn't the user profile the right place to store data (at least according to MS design)?

morny
05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
You should disabled UAC and this should work. Techincally the app data/local folder is the best place to avoid UAC issues however since this is a hidden folder then it just makes setting up HM alot more complicated for the average user. Anyway either disabled UAC or try installing HM and PostgreSQL in the app data/local folder

lonelycube
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Can you maybe let the user choose where to save the exported hand (like you did when saving a HUD layout). Saving data in a sub-folder in "My documents" as default might be a consideration.
I don't like disabling UAC. First I think it increases security. Second, and more important to me, it would mess with a lot of other programs. Third, I kind of think a well-written program has to be able to work with UAC on. At least turning off UAC because you don't want to save data in like "My documents" doesn't sound like a good argument to have people turned off UAC in my eyes.