PDA

View Full Version : HUD issues when table stacking

SootedNinjas
05-17-2009, 12:57 AM
HUD is not rendering correctly when table stacking but when it is tiled HUD works just fine.

While table stacking:

If I got force on top enabled, the stats are overlapped on top for the same position for all the tables.

If I got force on top disabled, when the table becomes active or I clicked the specific table in focus all of the stats disappears. Sometimes the stat displayed for a certain position is for a different player for a different table but in the same position.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards.......

morny
05-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Just Updating that this issue is being looked into

SootedNinjas
05-17-2009, 08:16 PM
@morny thanks for the great support in the teamviewer session.

I tried with UAC off/disabled and unfortunately same results.

Based on the observations I made while table stacking with HEM HUD, I have a few question most likely to the programmer who coded the HUD rendering.

Let's say for the sake of this conversation that I'm table stacking and playing 3 tables/games.

TABLE A - currently in-focus & requires action meaning there is action waiting as in the FOLD / CHECK / BET button is displayed and waiting to be clicked.

TABLE B - currently out-of-focus, next table that requires action waiting as in the FOLD / CHECK / BET button is displayed and waiting to be clicked.

TABLE C - currently no action required but pre-flop cards are being dealt therefore it is safe to assume that the hand history is being updated by pokerstars and HEM is about to process the updatre.

Here is my question:

When does the HUD gets rendered/re-rendered ?

Does TABLE A's HUD gets rendered/re-rendered because it is in-focus and action required because the action button was just rendered by the Pokerstars client ?

Does TABLE B's HUD gets rendered/re-rendered just because it requires action even though it is NOT in-focus ?

Does TABLE C's HUD gets rendered/re-rendered just because there is activity in the table as in for example that pre-flop cards are being dealt so the hand history is being updated even if the table is NOT in-focus ?

Should it be that only the table in-focus has the HUD be rendered/re-rendered ? Since it does not matter how many windows and tables being shown in the desktop but there is always ONLY 1 window that will be in-focus.

Another question is how force on top is implemented ?

Is the HUD being rendered/re-rendered as the top most (force on top) layer in the layers of "windows" within the desktop ?

Or

Is the HUD being rendered/re-rendered as the top layer (force on top) ONLY for the table that it represents ? In this particular scenario, there should be no bleeding of stats since the HUD is only "force on top" of the table it represents and NOT "force on top" on any other layers of windows within the desktop.

Hope I'm making sense.

Kind Regards.........

SootedNinjas
05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
@morny

Did you try to do the table stacking yourself on Pokerstars ?

Did it work for you ?

morny
05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
If i stack i dont have a problem with forceontop unticked, obviously with forceontop ticked i do get overlap but that is the side effect of force ontop as its not a setting you should use if youve stacking. I dont however get any issues with it off and the table dosent disappear like on your table nor have i heard of anyone other than ongame players having this. Mike sent you an email and hopefully they can get it sorted.

SootedNinjas
05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Mike & I got together earlier and he saw what was happening. He will let me know what's next. In any case, FYI we tried table stacking in FTP and it works perfectly with force on top off and on. Go figure. :rolleyes: & :confused:

Also, HUD does not work using play money in FTP but it works on Stars with play money.

SootedNinjas
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
@morny

I have read a couple of threads that is "kinda" related to some HUD issues and one of the resolution was to unistall and clean install HEM.

I'm planning to do this but I DON'T wnat to lose an config settings and HUD config/settings.

What folders/files do I need to save prior to a clean uninstall/install ?

Do I need to delete any registry entries to do a complete clean uninstall/install ?

regards.......

morny
05-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Sounds too easy a fix but i guess its worth a try.

You can try this

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
1a) If youve any custom reports or exported hands in the HoldemManager folder also back those up
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work (this will rule out any issues with the config files as youll be using the default ones)
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

SootedNinjas
05-28-2009, 05:02 PM
No need to delete any registry entries for a complete/clean uninstall ?

Do I need to save my serial and use the same or will need a new serial ?

Regards....

salfi
05-29-2009, 09:15 AM
my hud works fine on 1 table if i move the stats everytime i use it to the right players name. my problem is wen i have two table the second table stats/hud is then in the wrong place if i move the stats to the right place on table two they auto move on the first table. why cant i have the right stats under the right persons name on every table. im puzzled.

morny
05-29-2009, 03:34 PM
my hud works fine on 1 table if i move the stats everytime i use it to the right players name. my problem is wen i have two table the second table stats/hud is then in the wrong place if i move the stats to the right place on table two they auto move on the first table. why cant i have the right stats under the right persons name on every table. im puzzled.

Please see this thread and setup your preferred seating correctly if youve any more issues please start a new thread as its a completely different issue http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=96

No need to delete any registry entries for a complete/clean uninstall ?

Do I need to save my serial and use the same or will need a new serial ?

Regards....

Ill ask Mike about the registry as im not sure, if you already had the newer version 1.08.04 it should copy your serial for you but id take note of it just in case Help Menu > Show serial and just re-enter it when reinstalling

Mike chops
05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't know of any settings you need to change in the registry to uninstall completely.

SootedNinjas
05-29-2009, 03:59 PM
It's a long shot but I will go ahead and try a re-install. will keep this thread posted.

SootedNinjas
05-31-2009, 01:40 AM
Finally had a chance to do the clean uninstall/install and testing out table stacking @ PokerStars. Use the default config files created by the install.

Guess what ? Freaking Aaaaa ! :eek: It's working. :confused: Attached is the table pref I'm using so far w/ Force On Top disabled.

Next step would be saving the default config folder created by the clean install then copying the saved config folder I had before the uninstall/reinstall and overwriting the default config folder.

Keeping my fingers cross. :rolleyes:

P.S. I don't think a reboot is required after overwriting the config folder, I'll do it anyway.

SootedNinjas
05-31-2009, 04:05 AM
well. it's working. :D IDK how :confused: but the long shot works. :cool:

Thanks for the support @morny and @mike.

Dub
07-31-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm having the same issue on a fresh install running vista64/stars. Tried reinstalling HEM, same results.

netsrak
07-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Which HM version?
Please be a little bit more specific.

Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory.
Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Dub
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
1.09 beta 21

UAC was already turned off

My acct is already admin so no need to run each program as admin AFAIK

Dub
08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
clean reinstall worked on the second try. this is a new machine & it appears vista was still updating components overnight & on restarts, so perhaps it was a compatibility issue with w/e update version i was on.