PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty When Multiple Postgresql Version on PC

Boomer2k10
08-07-2011, 08:15 AM
My old databases are stored on PostGres 8.2 which HEM 1 is happy to connect to and HEM 2 was initially.

I created a new database on 8.4 and all was well.

I've since discovered that 9.0 is the latest Postgres so upgraded to that. Now HEM2 will not connect to 9.0 no matter what I do when trying to create a new database (it says it can connect under "Test Connection" and the database name appears in padminIII but won't create in HEM 2 and crashes the software)

I've also lost the ability to connect to my Postgres 8.2 databases so have had to do a manual export from HEM1 which actually CAN still connect.

I haven't had any messages saying my Firewall or Anti-Virus is interfering and HEM1 never had these troubles so I'm wondering if there's a problem with multiple postgres versions running

Should add:

I'm on Windows XP SP3

Sarek
08-07-2011, 04:49 PM
So how many Postgres-es you have now on PC?
And how many of them are really working at the same time?
They should be set to different ports - do you know this?

Boomer2k10
08-07-2011, 05:37 PM
So how many Postgres-es you have now on PC?

And how many of them are really working at the same time?

In theory 1 however HEM 1 is running off 8.2 and HEM 2 is currently running off 8.4 and won't connect to 8.2 or 9.0

They should be set to different ports - do you know this?

Yes, they are all on different ports and using test connect HEM2 says it can connect to all of them

netsrak
08-08-2011, 03:55 AM
you should try to connect to all your postgresql installations via pgadmin.
Are all 3 services running?
With the connection data you use in pgadmin you should be able to connect to all 3 postgresql installations in HM1 or HM2 but i doubt all 3 are running at the same time.