PDA

View Full Version : Error message during installation of PostgreSQL

mrsAA
08-12-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi,

I've downloaded PostgreSQL, but when I'm trying to install I get the following error message: "User postgres could not be created, The user account already exists" (see the attached file)

Well, i've tried this several times with the same results. When I type another account name (holdemmanager for example) I get an other error message, it says that no mapping between account name and secure ID was found etc..

I would be very grateful for help with this issue.

Thanks,
Anna

fabio
08-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi,

while installing, just edit the username in the first of the 2 windows where you can choose a name and password.

mrsAA
08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Thank you for your help. What username should I type? Could I choose any username I want, or should it be something specific?

For example, when I tried to use another username (Holdemmanager to make it simple), I got another error message - it said that no mapping between account name and secure ID was found. How come?

Hi,

while installing, just edit the username in the first of the 2 windows where you can choose a name and password.

fabio
08-12-2008, 10:44 AM
You can choose whatever you want, never heard of this error. Are you trying to install the latest release? (8.3.3)