PDA

View Full Version : Ran out of disk space while Reindexing. How do I get it back?

Chips8
08-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I had about 9GB free on my SSD before I did the purge-vacuum and reindex. I just gor this error message while reindexing.

NOTICE: table "pg_class" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_type" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_statistic" was reindexedNOTICE: table "sql_features" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "sql_implementation_info" was reindexedNOTICE: table "sql_languages" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "sql_packages" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "sql_parts" was reindexedNOTICE: table "compiledplayerresults_month" was reindexedNOTICE: table "sql_sizing" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "sql_sizing_profiles" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_description" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_cast" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "pg_user_mapping" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_enum" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_namespace" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_attribute" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_proc" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_attrdef" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_constraint" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_inherits" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_index" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_operator" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "pg_opfamily" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_opclass" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_am" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_amop" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_amproc" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_language" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_largeobject" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "pg_aggregate" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_rewrite" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_trigger" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playervsplayer_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_conversion" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_depend" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_ts_config" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_ts_config_map" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_ts_dict" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "pg_ts_parser" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_ts_template" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "pg_foreign_data_wrapper" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pg_foreign_server" was reindexedNOTICE: table "actiontypes" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "pokersites" was reindexedNOTICE: table "handhistories" was reindexedNOTICE: table "specialholecardactions" was reindexedNOTICE: table "importedfiles" was reindexedNOTICE: table "temppurge" was reindexedNOTICE: table "tourneydata" was reindexedNOTICE: table "allinsituations" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandscashmisc" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandstourneymisc" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandsflop" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandsturn" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandsriver" was reindexedNOTICE: table "players" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pokerhands" was reindexedNOTICE: table "compiledplayerresults" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "compiledplayerresultspositionaction" was reindexedNOTICE: table "postflopactions" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "compiledresults" was reindexedNOTICE: table "tourneyplayerdata" was reindexedNOTICE: table "tables" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "allinsituations_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandscashmisc_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "specialholecardactions_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandstourneykeycolumns_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "manuallyenteredsession" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandstourneymisc_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandsriver_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "rakeback" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandsflop_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "playerhandsturn_hero" was reindexedNOTICE: table "aliases" was reindexedNOTICE: table "settings" was reindexed
NOTICE: table "tourneynotes" was reindexedNOTICE: table "hemplayernotes" was reindexedNOTICE: table "compiledplayerresultspositionaction_month" was reindexedNOTICE: table "postflopactions_month" was reindexedNOTICE: table "compiledresults_month" was reindexedNOTICE: table "holecards" was reindexedNOTICE: table "pokerhands_hero" was reindexedERROR: could not extend relation base/16397/47599: No space left on device
HINT: Check free disk space.

ERROR: could not extend relation base/16397/47599: No space left on device
HINT: Check free disk space.

I'm now left with about 2.5GB of free space. How can I reclaim the prior 9GB free I had? I've had system restore turned off. Is there a file I can delete?

Patvs
08-07-2011, 05:54 AM
You'll get the space back when the vacuum is finished.
(can't you -temporarily- move/delete/uninstall something so the vacuum can finish?)

You can also try to reboot.
Check for unusually large files in your C:/Users/%user%/AppData/Local/Temp folder and delete them.

netsrak
08-07-2011, 05:56 AM
There may be some files in your temporary windows folders, something like c:\users\yourname\local settings\temp.

Chips8
08-07-2011, 10:14 AM
You'll get the space back when the vacuum is finished.
(can't you -temporarily- move/delete/uninstall something so the vacuum can finish?)

You can also try to reboot.
Check for unusually large files in your C:/Users/%user%/AppData/Local/Temp folder and delete them.

I moved my page file to my 600GB D: Drive
Performance Boost: Move Page File to Another Physical Drive | Windows Vista Maintenance | Windows Tools, Help & Guides (http://mintywhite.com/vista/vmaintenance/performance-boost-move-page-file-to-another-physical-drive/)

I don't have unsually large files but I can delete all the files in that temp folder? It's all cvr and dll files.

Patvs
08-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Don't delete small .dll files. Those are files that are currently being used.
Only delete obscure 1+ GB files in the TEMP folder.

Note: you can also move the location of the TEMP folder to D:/

Read: #12 @
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Chips8
08-07-2011, 10:20 AM
There may be some files in your temporary windows folders, something like c:\users\yourname\local settings\temp.

Access is denied to that folder for some reason.

On a related note, my SSD was only 80GB. Besides PostSql which is currently taking up 72GB, I have Windows and Office running there. My D: drive is 600GB with lots of free space.

1) Should I just set up my database in my D: Drive and sacrifice the speed I'd be getting with my SSD?
2) Buy another SSD (say 120GB) and set up a new database on it?
Which option would you choose or would you choose another and how do I do it?

Patvs
08-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Don't sacrifice the speed.
How many hands are you importing?

What you could do:
Install PostgreSQL 8.4.8 to D:/. Import all your hands. Observed HH Configuration--> Purge all the hands. Vacuum the database.
Backup the database.

Install PostgreSQL 8.4.8 to C:/ (or edit your registry: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/MoveDatabaseToAnotherHardDriveOrPartition ). Then RESTORE the backup you made.

Chips8
08-09-2011, 03:45 AM
I'm importing about 82K hands/day at a speed of about 180 hands/second.

Abit confused about your suggestion. About "Observed HH Configuration--> Purge all the hands," what will this do? Would I be deleting all the data from my datamined hands? Would I have to reimport them all? This would free up space on my C: Drive by deleting whichever error files are there from the failed reindexing?

PostSql 8.4 is already on my C: Drive (which is my SSD).

What do you think of me buying a 120GB SSD and using that for a new database?

netsrak
08-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Purging deletes the handhistories but not the stats. This will help keep space free. You can purge all the datamined hands you already imported. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/197/Purge+Hands.
After this you need to run a vacuum/full to get space. But this will not delete the temporary files from the reindexing. You need to delete this files manually with administrator rights.

Another hdd for the Postgresql Database would solve this space problems as the database becomes larger and larger the more data you import. The purge just slows down this process.