PDA

View Full Version : HUD temporarily disappears when action is on me - help?

The_Roller
08-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi - I've just downloaded the HEM free trial, and am using it at microstakes level, just so I can get used to it. Everything is fine, except that when the action in the hand gets to me, the HUD disappears - to get it back I have to move the table slightly on the desktop.

I saw another thread which said to make sure HEM is ran as an administrator, which I have, but I still get the same problem - can anybody help? My computer expertise is very limited so please try to put any responses in layman's terms for me!

Cheers

Patvs
08-07-2011, 06:03 AM
On which site are you playing??

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

The_Roller
08-07-2011, 07:57 AM
On which site are you playing??

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Hi - thanks for the response. I'm on Partypoker and use Windows 7. Not sure what the firewall is but I use Anti-Virus. I've installed the latest beta, set the exes to be started as an administrator and added the firewall exceptions. I don't know how I would check the video card drivers or install Framework 3.5...is it likely that that's the problem?

Patvs
08-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates.

Videocard driver can cause these issues. Try hud options--> table preferencse--> turn on lock the layout.

The_Roller
08-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Nope, still happens, and I've done everything you said! Why is this happening?? Any other suggestions??

Patvs
08-09-2011, 07:50 PM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default:
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2txt and pospref4.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

The_Roller
08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks, that's actually worked for single tables - but when I multitable I can only get the HUD for the 'active' table i.e the one I clicked on last. Is that just a feature of HEM or is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks

netsrak
08-11-2011, 04:42 AM
table preferences -> force on top -> active table only