PDA

View Full Version : Lagging on Bodog

JPFisher55
08-11-2008, 11:19 PM
When I play on Bodog with Idleminer and Holdem Manager and HUD running, I experience moderate to severe lags in game time which can make playing impossible, especially with 3 tables open; the maximum permitted by Bodog.
This may be due to recent updates by Bodog, but I have been noticing this for about one week.

morny
08-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences is 100% to the right and also in Hud Options > Table Preferences.

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.