PDA

View Full Version : Comments About Graphs - 2384

Not Excessive
08-06-2011, 03:49 AM
I like the quality of graphs in HM2 over HM1, they seem more 'refined'. However, I would like to offer a couple of comments. Please refer to the attached image.

The legend seems to have a resolution issue. The rest of the text and lines on the graph render fine, however the legend text is blurred.
Also, the legend elements for 'showdown' and 'net amount won' are almost identical with the exception that the small box shifts position slightly. The thickness of the line does not appear to match the line thickness in the graph itself.
As mentioned elsewhere in the forum, the graph desperately needs a clear baseline line. The thicker of the horizontal lines in the attached image is not the $0 line, but is the $10 line.
Having four background colours in the same graph does nothing for me. I would suggest it be made all one color, or 2 color banded. Four colors is just showing off :)
Although not shown in the attached image, having the y-axis scale added to the right side of the graph would be a handy addition.

Notwithstanding, HM2 charts are a huge improvement. Kudos to the team.

iggy
08-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Def agree with needing a clearer baseline for 0. Could you guys also make the SD line blue again?

dad604
08-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Make it so users can have the option to change each line colour. I don't mind changing colour using the *.ini file as in HM1 but would prefer a more user friendly option.

Same for baseline, customer option.

Sirus
08-07-2011, 10:09 PM
we should be able to changed the boldness and colouring at a touch of a button and not via program files.

also i much prefer HM1 graphs, it seems like you have just copied PT

udbrky
08-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Graphs will be touched up still.

I do not see the fuzzy legend - what is your resolution? What is your dpi setting?

I also do not see 4 background colors - I see a checkerboard that has slight changes.

OK, I see it when you save the graph and view, rather than in hm2. Please take a bmp screenshot with no compression.

Hilips
08-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Finally someone who sees the fuzzy fonts too. I almost though i add some kind of a problem.

udbrky
08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Do you see it inside HM2 or in the png that is saved?

Hilips
08-09-2011, 03:27 PM
If thats for me, i see in both. We already talked about that here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/101461-clear-type-fonts.html

ufbrky, you have clear type ON in Windows right? Since i don't have its much easier for me to spot. Or its just your eyes that prefer this quind of rendering and mine don't, i don't know, but i know i see it and bothers me. Belive me, i would much prefer it doesn't.

Let me ask this, since you don't see it and i believe that non on the support can see it too does this mean that you guys will ignore this? I have post a couple of links on the other thread that proves that its not just me, its all over the net (.NET forums, etc).

udbrky
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I will check about overall clear type fonts.

Yes, I have clear type font - I tried without and can't stand it.

Not Excessive
08-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Graphs will be touched up still.

I do not see the fuzzy legend - what is your resolution? What is your dpi setting?

res = 1920 x 1076
dpi = 96

I also do not see 4 background colors - I see a checkerboard that has slight changes.
checkerboard, 4 colors, is the same thing. Perhaps I'm being a little more accurate to assist the dev team. Anyway, the c'board/4 colors doesn't assist clarity, imo.

OK, I see it when you save the graph and view, rather than in hm2. Please take a bmp screenshot with no compression.
Incorrect. I see this in HM2 and hence identified a possible problem. The saved image is an accurate representation of what I see in HM2.

Not Excessive
08-09-2011, 09:02 PM
After reading what Hilips said about cleartype fonts, I checked my settings. I'm running Win XP sp3 in a VM and cleartype fonts were NOT engaged. I set this aspect to use cleartype fonts, rebooted and there was no change to fuzzy fonts in the HM2 cash graph window. Just an fyi.

udbrky
08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
res = 1920 x 1076
dpi = 96

checkerboard, 4 colors, is the same thing. Perhaps I'm being a little more accurate to assist the dev team. Anyway, the c'board/4 colors doesn't assist clarity, imo.

Incorrect. I see this in HM2 and hence identified a possible problem. The saved image is an accurate representation of what I see in HM2.

When I say I see a checkerboard with slight changes in color, I mean there is very little difference, you have to look closely at it. I only see the bigger differences when I save the graph and open it in an image viewing program.

I have passed along questions regarding true font types.

Sarek
08-10-2011, 04:49 PM
2384 ticket writed up.

Not Excessive
10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Just to update this thread.

@ 5452 the graph issues have received a serious makeover. On the cash side the legend is now very clear, as are the tracks and the 'zero' datum. The tourney reports do not appear to have received the same attention as the existing problems remain.

udbrky
10-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Thank you, passed along.