PDA

View Full Version : 1."Start Auto Import" problem. 2. should i transfer my database

antonyfriel
05-12-2009, 01:22 PM

i have been using HM for 6 months or so now and its been a great tool. recently though my laptop has slowed right down. for example. when i open HM and hit "Start Auto Import," it takes about 1hr and 30 mins to complete,
and is taking longer with each day that passes. why is this and what should i do?

also my tables are lagging a lot to the point where i cant continue without some serious maintenance. I am playing 8 tables 8 hrs a day so i guess my database is becoming quiet large. so far i have completed a Vacuum analyze which seemed to make little or no difference. what should i do?? i have a Buffalo MiniStation TurboUSB Portable Hard Drive (120gb), should i transfer my database there?

by the way, my laptop is a Sony Vaio TX1XP/B with 60GB Hard Drive, which will be replaced in due time but for the forseeable future i am stuck w it.

your help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

morny
05-12-2009, 02:15 PM
1) Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, when you say it takes ages to complete, were you mining overnight that there was lots of hands to be imported or something?

2) You may have a loop setup so ill know when i see the attached file, if its not that then you can also try the following http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162

antonyfriel
05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
i have attached the file you asked for

and No i wasnt mining overnight
thanks

by the way

looking though a previous thread you mention deleting pg_log folder to free up space. i have just located mine and its 7gb. should i delete the contents of this folder??

in regards to my Q should i transfering my database to an external HD, if recommended can you please give a detailed explaination

A lot of Qs i know, thanks for your continued help

morny
05-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Ok the problem is youve setup a loop, you have this file as 1 of the import folders

C:\Documents and Settings\antony friel\Desktop\Archive folder

But this is also an archive folder

So what your doing is sending all your hands to Folder A when there imported, then your trying to import them same hands again, youve probably thousands if not hundreds of thousands of hands in that folder and your telling HM to keep trying to import them every 5 seconds so this will cause lag and also that problem where it takes ages to import.

So to fix it delete this entry in Options > Configure Auto Import Folders
C:\Documents and Settings\antony friel\Desktop\Archive folder

Yeah sure go ahead and delete the pg_log folder just be sure not to mix it up with pg_clog or pg_xlog as you cant delete those

People say moving to an external drive will speed it up if its an external drive dedicated to PostgreSQL but it also depends on the quality of the hard drive, id say once you fix the loop youll notice better increases so i dont think its that neccessary to install on a external hard drive however if you do decide then see this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=101

antonyfriel
05-13-2009, 06:34 AM
OK thanks will try that, only i have a slight problem. The jack which connects the power supply is busted so i cant turn on my laptop, things are going from bad to worse. im sending it to get repaired.

i have installed HM on my PC in the meantime (the trial version i think). i assume i can enter a password or a registration No.and continue to use HM on my PC as a 2nd computer?? if yes were can i get this password/reg no. ??

thanks

morny
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
You can use the same key on up to 2 pc's, if you lost your key email support@holdemmanager.net for the new one