PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

conormce
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I upgraded from Vista to Win 7 (not a clean install) but when I click on the holdem manager icon it fails to load, and this came up:

http://i41.tinypic.com/t4uye1.jpg

The bottom picture came up first.

Any ideas?

Thanks

morny
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
You downloaded the files to a temporary folder, try downloading it again but this time save it in your documents or on the desktop and run it from there

RoyD
05-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I have just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7.

I play on PokerStars. The PokerStars client works fine, but HEM doesn't "see" the tables anymore. I start an SNG, click on "Auto Import" in HEM, and it just never picks up the table, and so displays no HUD.

I fear I have also lost my HUD settings, but I'm not entirely sure.

How can I fix this, or is HEM just incompatible with Windows 7?

Many thanks,

Roy

morny
05-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Please answer these questions http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

RoyD
05-12-2009, 09:20 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
1.08.03 Professional

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
PokerStars. I only play there, so I don't know about other sites.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Yes.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
Yes.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
Yes, it was first at C:\Users\... as in Vista (I upgraded from Vista to Win7, and on Vista it worked). Then I configured both the PokerStars client and HEM to use a folder on C:\Program Files\... and it still did not work.

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
No. The hands that were imported with 1.07 on Vista are still there, but no new hands are imported.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
I would doubt it, as HEM doesn't even see the PokerStars (SNG) tables I play at.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Tried it, did not work.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes.

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
Yes. Both with UAC enabled and disabled, it does not work.

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
Yes. Interestingly, the part where the import folders are stored does not look complete in this config file. When I manage the list in HEM, it is complete -- i.e., it contains the latest HH folder I have added, but this HH folder does not appear in this config file. I have found no HoldemManager.config file anywhere else on my PC. Also, VersionHistory.txt still points to the old version, and was not updated when I applied the 1.08.03 patch.

morny
05-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Can you try creating the new database and if the problem persists then email to me arrange a suitable time to do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

RoyD
05-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I have re-installed HEM on a Windows XP box, and there it works. I can play a HU SNG and get stats on my opponent by selecting the Active Players box. The HUD still doesn't show up, no matter what I try. Yes, I have a separate HUD configuration for HU-games...

Thank you, I hope you can tell me how to get that HUD to display.

morny
05-14-2009, 06:57 PM
email to me arrange a suitable time to do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

martinger
12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Is there any fix for this?
I also have windows 7 x64.

- UAC to zero
- all executable started as administrator
- XP compatiblity mode

nothing works.
No HUD, no Import of Hands.
I only get an error, no import!

fozzy71
12-16-2009, 08:31 PM
There are no problems using w7 and HM. I just helped a customer that upgraded to w7, and all he needed to do was turn on the secondary logon service.

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties > startup type: automatic.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

martinger
12-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Hello,

finally I've discovered how it is working on Windows 7.

The Point is, dont INSTALL postgreSQL and Holddemmanager on your main partition where windows is installed.
If you have another partition install it there.

It is working without the "start as administrator" option.
I also installed Partpoker/Pokerstars on that partition where I installed the HEM and postgreSQL.

I hope this can help some of you to solve your problems with windows 7.

In fact: if this is not working, try "start as administrator", maybe your windows 7 logon to the OS (operating system) is not declared as ADMINISTRATOR!!

(sorry for my bad english :D)

best regards from germany

hhatvan
12-20-2009, 04:32 PM
There are no problems using w7 and HM. I just helped a customer that upgraded to w7, and all he needed to do was turn on the secondary logon service.

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties > startup type: automatic.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Windows 7 ultimate here.

- Uninstalled everything with Revo Uninstaller!
- Reinstalled the software Up to date today.

- I have UAC disabled and Comodo firewall where I added hmhud, holdemmanager.exe and dbcontrolpanel also as a trusted application. I even tried to turn off all firewalls even windows fw however it is always off.

- Started secondary logon and selected it to start automatically always.

-Tried to run as admin and it is interesting that hmhud and dbcontrolpanel runs perfectly with postresql but when I try to start holdemmanager.exe I get the following error message (clicking continue does not starts the software):

"U
nhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the app. will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the app. will close immidiately.

The type initalizer for '<Module> ' threw an exception."

- If I click details I get the following:

"See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception. ---> System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at <PrivateImplementationDetails>{1100C8AA-B3AF-4064-B36C-E757D329D2CC}.$$method0x600000B-0(Int32 ‎, Int32 ‎)
at <PrivateImplementationDetails>{1100C8AA-B3AF-4064-B36C-E757D329D2CC}.$$method0x6000009-0(Boolean ‎)
at <PrivateImplementationDetails>{1100C8AA-B3AF-4064-B36C-E757D329D2CC}.$$method0x6000008-0(Boolean ‎, Boolean ‎)
at .cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at HoldemManager.frmLoading.d()
at HoldemManager.frmLoading.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HoldemManager
Assembly Version: 1.9.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.9.1.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DevComponents.DotNetBar2
Assembly Version: 8.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
DeployLX.Licensing.v3
Assembly Version: 3.2.2000.0
Win32 Version: 3.2.2000.3751
CodeBase: file:///F:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DeployLX.Licensing.v3.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box."

- I was able to use the HM on xp but not on w7. Please help me! Any new ide would be appreciated.

- I also installed Frameworks .Net 4.0 beta 2 for windows 7 just to give it a try. I get the same error message above.

Patvs
12-20-2009, 05:35 PM
1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
2. Open HM and register the scanner
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

fozzy71
12-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Comodo or Kaspersky?

hhatvan
12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I created the text document but i can not start holdemmanager.exe because of the error message mentioned earlier.

I use Comodo firewall and avast! antivirus.

Patvs
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Uninstall Comodo

hhatvan
12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Uninstall Comodo

Thank you! That was the problem everything seems to work perfectly! Any suggestions regarding a firewall which is compatible with HM?

fozzy71
12-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I personally suggest you use Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials (turn off Windows Defender). I have been using both for a couple months now on Vista 64 and have had no problems. I just ran a MBAM and SAS scan today and am clean. :cool: