PDA

View Full Version : HUD name abbreviation

varjagin
08-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi, is there a way to abbreviate opponent's name in the HUD? As far as I can tell, it's only possible to show the full name or no name at all. It would be very useful to have the option of abbreviating the names (perhaps by number of letters you choose to display, that would be really great), since the full names can take up much HUD space unnecessarily. I think that having a third option besides full name/no name (or putting the name in a pop-up, I guess, but then you have to click the pop-up every time just to make sure) would be a valuable addition.

varjagin
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Another feature I would like to suggest regarding the HUD options, is an "apply changes" button, similar as it is in the HEM1. If I'm designing a new HUD (or altering the existing one), I now have to close the replayer and open it up again to see the changes I've made. In HEM1, you would click the "apply changes", and they would be shown in the replayer without having to close it and open it up again just to see them. This may be a minor thing, but I think this would also add value, since it would save me the minor annoyance of closing/opening the replayer for every change I make in the HUD, even more so in the initial period of trying out HEM2, since this is when I play around with different HUD options a lot, and am now doing a lot of the closing/opening the replayer.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized that changes can be applied without closing/opening the replayer by clicking stop HUD/start HUD, so I guess that compensates for the missing "apply changes" button somewhat. However, it seem to be inconsistent and sometimes it applies the changes and sometimes not. Closing the HUD options and opening them again also works for applying changes in the replayer, but that is then a similar annoyance to closing and opening the replayer. In any case, I would suggest an apply changes button.

sideshow
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi, is there a way to abbreviate opponent's name in the HUD? As far as I can tell, it's only possible to show the full name or no name at all. It would be very useful to have the option of abbreviating the names (perhaps by number of letters you choose to display, that would be really great), since the full names can take up much HUD space unnecessarily. I think that having a third option besides full name/no name (or putting the name in a pop-up, I guess, but then you have to click the pop-up every time just to make sure) would be a valuable addition.

This feature is already on the to do list.

Another feature I would like to suggest regarding the HUD options, is an "apply changes" button, similar as it is in the HEM1. If I'm designing a new HUD (or altering the existing one), I now have to close the replayer and open it up again to see the changes I've made. In HEM1, you would click the "apply changes", and they would be shown in the replayer without having to close it and open it up again just to see them. This may be a minor thing, but I think this would also add value, since it would save me the minor annoyance of closing/opening the replayer for every change I make in the HUD, even more so in the initial period of trying out HEM2, since this is when I play around with different HUD options a lot, and am now doing a lot of the closing/opening the replayer.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized that changes can be applied without closing/opening the replayer by clicking stop HUD/start HUD, so I guess that compensates for the missing "apply changes" button somewhat. However, it seem to be inconsistent and sometimes it applies the changes and sometimes not. Closing the HUD options and opening them again also works for applying changes in the replayer, but that is then a similar annoyance to closing and opening the replayer. In any case, I would suggest an apply changes button.

I will forward a feature request for this.

Daniel
12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
bump for abbrevation name in HM2!

udbrky
12-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Use decimals on name.