PDA

View Full Version : HEM 2 Import Issues

Azalin
08-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I try to import one of my HEM1 databases to HEM2 with the setup wizard (btw congratulations for the big improvement on the import speed - at least for a small amount of hands the increase in speed is HUGE).

My HEM1 database is 6mil hands vaccuumed/reindexed version 8.4 (containing only pokerstars hands from a specific limit). I use Windows 7 Ult x64 with a defragged 7200RPM drive for the database (western digital black caviar i think).

First the speed is around 350h/s after the first mil drops considerably and around 1.5 mil it
s around 70h/s and still dropping but thats not the main issue (although its serious to me).

After a while (happened around 800k hands and at 1.6 mil hands) the import stops completely. After I close and reopen HEM2 I get a message that could not connet to the server and I click restart the postgresql windows service (from Hem2 wizard) and the import resumes automatically.

I have tested this on the latest build (.4813) but also on the previous one. It seems impossible to import a 6mil database cause I wait like 2-3 or more hours to pass all the duplicates after I restart HEM2 in order to get to the new ones only to get a "bad" import speed.

Should I try importing the original hhs?

sideshow
08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Can you reimport the original hands and in the meantime we will run some tests on the import database to see what the issue is.

Thanks

Azalin
08-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I will drop/delete the new database (the HEM2 one) and try to import the original hand histories.

I will report back in this thread with news:)

udbrky
08-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Import speeds depend on the type of the hand, the site, and how large the file is. So your import of 200 files of 150 tourney hands each will import slower than 200 files of 10,000 hands you requested from the site that were sent in bulk.

Azalin
08-03-2011, 06:25 AM
I finished importing 6mil hands in a new hem2 database (7200 RPM drive)
from the original hand histories with no problems whatsoever.
All hands were from pokerstars - specific cash game limit.

Speed decreased gradually from 250h/s to 225h/s (negligible difference) so
an import of 1 million hands took about 75 minutes.

I am very impressed:D

udbrky
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
that's great! Stars definitely is the faster - vs FTP (kinda like paying :( ) All cash will definitely go faster as well.

Sounds like the other time something just went wrong, glad it didn't happen again.

Azalin
08-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Sounds like the other time something just went wrong, glad it didn't happen again.

The previous time I had tried importing the whole database as opposed to the original hand histories.
you might wanna take a look into it.

udbrky
08-04-2011, 02:17 AM
we'll run some more tests.

There were some versions that had some issues with import speeds last week, but the later ones had that fixed. Today's update is fixed.