PDA

View Full Version : OutOfMemory exception

Olaf
05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
HM 1.07 > 1.08.03

I have an Ongame database with about 400k hands on one limit.

Usually I don't use "All hands" radio button without some filters, but often I use "All" button for "Today" or "This Month" hands. And when i click "All hands", or, for example "Last 4 month" and forgot to choose "Last 100" or "Last 500" radio button i wait 2-3 minutes and recieve System.OutOfMemoryExeption. After that i need to relaunch HM.

I have 2 computers with 1 and 4 Gigs RAM and recieve this errors after reaching ~ 150K hands on both comp-s.

By the way i don't have WinnerName, WinnerCards, WinnerWon in hands view section.

If big database HandsView section grid eat all memory - HM must have right reaction on it - but not crash!

Hope You understand my terrible english,
Oleg.

morny
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
See this thread http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9922&highlight=system.OutOfMemory

Olaf
05-11-2009, 05:25 AM
morny, if you read my first message, you understand, that i made it not specially, but it often happened:

"Usually I don't use "All hands" radio button without some filters, but often I use "All" button for "Today" or "This Month" hands. And when i click "All hands", or, for example "Last 4 month" and forgot to choose "Last 100" or "Last 500" radio button i wait 2-3 minutes and recieve System.OutOfMemoryExeption. After that i need to relaunch HM."

By the way i wrote:

"If big database HandsView section grid eat all memory - HM must have right reaction on it - but not crash!"

If program crash when people do something special - is it bug?

morny
05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Technically its a bug, but its almost impossible to know what a machine is capable of, an old PC with a small bit of RAM wont be able to do what a Dell XPS with 5gb of ram can do so it depends on the system, so stopping someone running a certain filter because other peoples machines cant run it wouldnt be a good solution, i agree its an issue but Roy will be looking into vastly improving speed and retrieval speeds in 1.10 and 1.11 which should help too.