PDA

View Full Version : Using ranges with timestamp fields

Dranik
08-11-2008, 09:35 AM
I am building a set of custom reports for myself (great feature btw) and I'm running into a problem. I want a breakdown of all hands into timeframes, e.g. what are my wins/losses between 3 and 4 pm over all days. I know that this is already requested and put on the to do list, but I like sorting things out myself ;).

The problem: I want ranges based on the PH.handtimestamp values. In a direct query to the database I would use something like 'select * from playerhandscashkeycolumns where CAST(handtimestamp as time) > "11:00:00".
Question 1: is there a way to use something like CAST in the report file?
Question 2: I can't seem to use ranges like '2008-08-11 11:00:00" in the minvalue or maxvalue fields, HM does nothing with this. Is this because the ranges are only valid for int-fields? Is there a solution currently available for this?

Thanks in advance.

Rvg72
08-12-2008, 02:58 AM
You can use this in the groupings:

<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH')" ColumnName="Hour of Day" />
</Groupings>

I have attached a working report

Dranik
08-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Your report only show the hours from 1-12, but I'll work that out. Great Roy, thanks a lot!

edit: changed HH to HH24 in the reportfile and now all the hours show up.

Rvg72
08-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Your report only show the hours from 1-12, but I'll work that out. Great Roy, thanks a lot!

edit: changed HH to HH24 in the reportfile and now all the hours show up.

right, thanks for finding that

morny
10-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Ive resubmitted the file with Draniks change and instructions for newbies:

Please add the attached file to your reports folder in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Reports and then restart HM and run the Overall By Time report in the reports dropdown list in the Reports Tab.

virge
01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I know this probably a dumb question.

But if I'm in the pacific time zone, the times in HEM (and therefore this report) are 3 hours ahead b/c they are on FTP time. Is that right?

If so, is there a modification I can add to this - (PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH24') - to subtract 3 hours?

morny
01-16-2009, 02:41 PM
The time it prints is the time that the poker sites puts on the hand, ill ask Roy if it is possible to offset it

omaha
04-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Excellent! This is really what i have been looking for

Is there any way to cut down the number of timeframes we have , from 24 to say 6? WHen my hands played gets divided by 24 the results are meaningless due to the small size of hands in each zone

Body Man D
05-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Has anyone created a similar report that sorts by day of the week instead of time of day? I'm a programming noob and wouldn't be able to do it myself.

DarkMagus
06-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Excellent! This is really what i have been looking for

Is there any way to cut down the number of timeframes we have , from 24 to say 6? WHen my hands played gets divided by 24 the results are meaningless due to the small size of hands in each zone

Has anyone created a similar report that sorts by day of the week instead of time of day? I'm a programming noob and wouldn't be able to do it myself.

Been playing around with reports lately and managed to do both of these things... see attached