PDA

View Full Version : How do I check how many hands from a SPECIFIC SITE are in my DB?

domino66
08-10-2008, 11:47 PM
You previously linked me to this page:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=19

which shows how to query how many total HHs are in your DB...what if I just want to know about a specific site?

Also, while i have your attention, I'm curious: is it the case that that running the above query will only identify HHs after the DB has been vacuumed/analyzed? Oddly, I ran the query a few days ago after I had done a vac/analyze, and it gave me a number of around 2.8M hands. Today I ran the same query, and the # of hands is exactly the same, even though I imported at least 1M new hands since the last query...?

Dranik
08-11-2008, 05:47 AM
I had the same issue and figured out a query to do this. Follow the steps from the FAQ but instead use this query to run:

SELECT pokersites.sitename,count(*) FROM pokerhands LEFT JOIN pokersites ON pokerhands.site_id = pokersites.site_id GROUP BY pokersites.sitename

This will give you a count grouped by site.

morny
08-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for that Dranik,

OP i think its likely that youve made a mistake or your database is corrupt which im sure youd have noticed over the space of 1 million hands, if you run that query and play a few hands after then run it again youll see it changed, something similar happened to me though and i found out that even though i was mining there was a permissions problem on the network and HM couldnt get access to the import folder.

domino66
08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks for that query -- it appears that I've been a dumbass on this one, and got screwed up in setting the default/active DBs, and was un-knowingly importing into a DB that I didn't want to be importing into, but had inadvertently set as the default DB. I am dumb. Will report back later.

(p.s. is there any way to COMBINE two existing DBs into one in one swoop? I guess that would make my life a whole lot easier, since I now, b/c of aforementioned stupidity, have 2 DBs of about 3M hands each...whereas i want all of those HHs in a single DB.)

fabio
08-11-2008, 01:41 PM
You have to import the hands, merging 2 db's is not possible

Pilliz
08-15-2008, 08:51 AM
What I do to check how many HH's there are in my DB.

I just go to the players tab in HM. Run a report with parameters: (Hands: 1, and the site you want to find out).
You'll see all the players you have hands about. Watch the hands column and view the totals at the bottom.

Saves you from running queries and such.

domino66
01-26-2010, 10:42 AM
I had the same issue and figured out a query to do this. Follow the steps from the FAQ but instead use this query to run:

SELECT pokersites.sitename,count(*) FROM pokerhands LEFT JOIN pokersites ON pokerhands.site_id = pokersites.site_id GROUP BY pokersites.sitename

This will give you a count grouped by site.

I want a similar query/script that I can run that will tell me how many hands in my DB have a particular # of players. In other words, I want it to tell me not how many hands are from each site, but rather how many hands have 2, 3, 4, etc players having been dealt cards.

Can anyone help?

netsrak
01-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Please ask in the Custom reports section, i don't want to move the whole thread.
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10