PDA

View Full Version : postgres error Internal Mapping

friscochris
05-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Ok I have exhausted the search function and found only one error matching mine which was never answered so here we go again...

error:

Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done

I have tried multiple versions, changed user ID names, and nothing has worked. Has any one else run into this problem and what was the solution?

morny
05-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Theres some solutions here http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5363&highlight=Internal+account+lookup+failure

Not sure what causes the issues but if none of those solutions work then youll probably be better off posting on the PostgreSQL forum as it seems like an advanced problem

friscochris
05-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I tried all of those solutions. I will try the postgre forums. Do you have a link?

morny
05-09-2009, 05:52 PM
http://forums.devshed.com/postgresql-help-21/

friscochris
05-10-2009, 05:14 PM
well....they dont seem to have an answer there either...guess I will just have to do without it seeing how nobody knows anything..... do you guys do team session like PT3 support? If not maybe I'll head that way and see if they can help... sigh

morny
05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah we can do teamviewer sessions no problem, the thing is ive no idea what else to try other than what was in that thread so it wouldnt be much use especially if the experts at PostgreSQL cant figure it out, id try doing a reinstall if thats not too inconvenient

friscochris
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
reinstall of what (windows)? I cant reinstall postgres seeing how it wont install. It gets to that message and then rolls back

friscochris
05-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Morny,

Someone at the postgres forum pointed out another install guide: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=35&faqid=176

On this one it has the server and client listed as WIN1252 instead of the SQL_ASCII that main install guide has users do. I am not home yet, but could this be the problem, and is it going to make a difference if I use the WIN1252?

morny
05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
No it dosent make a difference which one you use win or ascii. I meant reinstalling windows though

friscochris
05-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I did the WIN1252 and it gave me a different error this time:

Another Installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.

That makes me think that all the other ones I tried messed this one up somehow. The program though is not installed on my computer and is not under C:\Programs... is there somewhere in windows I could look where it would be under some kind of "not installed fully" folder/area.... yeah that was a bad name tag I know...lol

morny
05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
That just means you pressed the installer twice by mistake

friscochris
05-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Nevermind... I got it to go past that error, but ran into the Internal mapping error again.... I give up... thanks anyways.

friscochris
05-12-2009, 02:03 AM
WELLLLLLLLL...... GOT IT TO WORK!!!!

So here is the fix for vista anyways.

Whatever user name you are using create an user account in Windows with full Admin capabilities. You will read on the net to limit the account but do not, make sure it is an Admin account!

Once you do this whatever user name and password you used will be your user name and password for the postgres install and going forward.

I had one of my computer programming buddies look at it and go through everything and that is how he fixed it. I almost tried that but tossed it out when I did the limited account thing and it didn't work.

Now I just got to configure all the holdem manager stuff :D