PDA

View Full Version : PS HH problems - Vista user

StormRaven
05-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello, I am not computer savy and am having problems setting the folders up for the hand history. I have read thru the FAQ's and some back posts here and am still misunderstanding something.

Navigate to the following folder C:\Program Files\PokerStars\ and right click and this will bring up the properties menu. Select New > Folder and this will create a new folder, name the folder HandHistory.

When trying to do the above I was not able to find the "Select New>Folder", so I just opened the pokerstars folder and created a Hand History folder that way, I'm not sure if that was the right way and the route will be correct. I read another post on pg. 7 that you said go to oranise and make a HH folder there. I now have a folder called Hand History in 2 locations: C:ProgramFiles/Hand History & C:ProgramFiles/PokerStars/Hand History
Maybe my folders are incorrect and I should have "Hand History" without a gap so it looks like "HandHistory"? Not sure.

Other problem is this:

Now open the Poker Stars Lobby then go to Requests > Display Instant Hand History and in the new window click the Options button in the bottom left corner, then you just need to change it from C:\Users\morny\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y to C:\Program Files\PoerStars\HandHistory so it looks exactly like the screenshot above.

I did the first part but am unable to change the path. It currently looks like this: C:\Users\My Real Name Is Here\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory\
So I clicked on "Change Folder" button and it take me to a new window where I can click on my username on ps or the Hand History folder. The problem is that it doesn't matter which folder I click on in the new window as it does nothing at all. I will click on the HH folder and then "OK" and it does nothing, the window doesn't close or anything. And in the bottom left of the new window where it says "Folder:" it is blank and doesn't show a file path even if I have clicked on my ps username or the HH folder. It just does nothing.

I've played some Mtt's & ring games (all cash) while having HEM open and I have clicked on "Auto Import" and it says it is importing but nothing has actually been imported. I'm assuming I don't have things set up correctly and even after reading the FAQ's I don't know what I am doing wrong, just that I'm messing something up somewhere.

I did install postgreSQL, I have no idea what that is but it is installed.

*I only have 7 of 15 days left on my trial and still haven't gotten it up and running to see what HEM can do. Any way of extending the trial period? I had leg surgery on Monday and recovery & prep for surgery took up more time than I anticipated.

Thanks,
Storm

morny
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Please email me to arrange a suitable time for a teamviewer session tommorrow morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread