PDA

View Full Version : Multi Table Ratio

Hilips
08-01-2011, 12:25 AM
So, after years and years asking for this in HM1... still nothing in HM2?

udbrky
08-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Reiterated this request.

DonkeyFishFight
08-03-2011, 12:26 PM
You should definitely implement this! It's a missed feature in the sessions tab.

roy.goncalves
08-03-2011, 06:28 PM
MT Ratio should be in today's HM2 update - if it isn't in then it will be in the next one, not 100% sure if it made the time cut. The MT Ratio stat can be added to any report

rvg

Hilips
08-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Awesome.

Now, how can i see my winrate with lets say 6 tables vs 9 tabling?

This is actually the one and only thing i use in PT3, i can compare my winrate by number of tables.

How can this be done now that we have this stat? With a custom report?

roy.goncalves
08-03-2011, 11:40 PM
That's the next thing I'm working on, probably be in within a couple of days or so - adding new, complex stats is extremely simple in HM2 (MT Ratio took about 5 minutes!) but this report is quite a bit more difficult so it's more of a multi hour type effort

rvg

Hilips
08-04-2011, 12:28 AM
I think there is a problem with MT Ratio.

The same filter in all reports i have 3 different values for MT Ratio:

Overall: 5.34
By Stakes: 5.22
Sessions: 6.28

The number of hands, winrate, every other stat are equal in all reports but the MT Ratio.

roy.goncalves
08-04-2011, 01:23 AM
I think there is a problem with MT Ratio.

The same filter in all reports i have 3 different values for MT Ratio:

Overall: 5.34
By Stakes: 5.22
Sessions: 6.28

The number of hands, winrate, every other stat are equal in all reports but the MT Ratio.

Do you mean the average MT Ratio at the bottom is different in each report? Most likely something to do with how we're averaging the value - I'd expect the overall one to be right but I'll look into it

Hilips
08-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Yes, the average MT Ratio is different in every report. At least the 4 i tested, Overall, By Stakes, Sessions and Position.

udbrky
08-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I assigned a bug to you regarding this Roy

roy.goncalves
08-04-2011, 11:08 AM
This is a tricky stat when looking at totals since each row does its own calculations. For example imagine a simple scenario where you are playing 4 tables of $1/$2 and half way through the session you add 2 tables of $2/$4.

Your By Stakes Report will show an MT ratio of 2.0 for $2/4 and 4.0 for $1/2.
Your Overall report will show an MT ratio of 5.0

When we do the total at the bottom we determine weighting for each row in the report and apply that against the average values but there isn't really any way to get a proper total from a report like By Stakes for the MT Ratio overall.

I am looking into it to see what I can do to make this more consistent

rvg

Pure Presence
08-06-2011, 06:56 AM
I think the best (because most useful) implementation of your example should give 5.0 for 1/2, 6.0 for 2/4 and 5.0 overall, because the real question a player wants to have answered is "how many tables was I playing on average while playing these hands".

Pure Presence
08-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Just thought about it some more and I think this is better: Assume you log 100 hands/table/hour. If you 1-table for 4 hours and then 10-table for 1 hour, you now get an overall MT ratio of (4*1 + 1*10)/(1+4) = 2.8. But what you want is (400 * 1 + 1000 * 10)/(1000+400) = 7.43, because most of your hands were played while playing 10 tables. I.e. in practice one would like the hands to be the time parameter, not the clock time (because the standard winrate dimension is bb/100 hands, not bb/hour, so if you calculate MT ratio in the usual way you can't make a meaningful winrate comparison).

NB. I haven't actually checked if the current situation is as I said, just deduced it from your post.

roy.goncalves
08-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I think the best (because most useful) implementation of your example should give 5.0 for 1/2, 6.0 for 2/4 and 5.0 overall, because the real question a player wants to have answered is "how many tables was I playing on average while playing these hands".

I think you're right, I'm going to need to rework this a bit and will do it the way you've described

roy.goncalves
08-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Just thought about it some more and I think this is better: Assume you log 100 hands/table/hour. If you 1-table for 4 hours and then 10-table for 1 hour, you now get an overall MT ratio of (4*1 + 1*10)/(1+4) = 2.8. But what you want is (400 * 1 + 1000 * 10)/(1000+400) = 7.43, because most of your hands were played while playing 10 tables. I.e. in practice one would like the hands to be the time parameter, not the clock time (because the standard winrate dimension is bb/100 hands, not bb/hour, so if you calculate MT ratio in the usual way you can't make a meaningful winrate comparison).

NB. I haven't actually checked if the current situation is as I said, just deduced it from your post.

Right now it is time based but when I switch the stat around it'll be by hand. Basically for each hand it will determine how many tables were being played and then average that out

rvg

roy.goncalves
08-08-2011, 02:09 PM
ok I reworked the stat so that it is done by hand instead of by time (so looks at the # of tables for each hand and divides by total hands instead of looking at total time being played and figuring out # tables each block of time) so the totals match nicely and the stat is much more accurate.

Also added the Multi Table Ratio report which allows you to see any stats broken down by the # tables being played. Both will be in the next build

rvg

Hilips
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I can't find that report, is not there yet right?

roy.goncalves
08-09-2011, 11:29 PM
I can't find that report, is not there yet right?

Do you see the new stat? The report should be there as well but if it is not go into your appdata\roaming\holdemmanager\reports folder and copy the attached file there

rvg

Hilips
08-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Yes i see the new stat but i don't get it. I have a MT Ratio of 9.91 and # of Tables 1 on the Sessions/By Stakes report. It doesn't happen in all rows, the majority of them have both stats very similar.

The report wasn't there, on that folder, but now it is.

On the MTR report the # of tables is wrong. Its impossible to play 11 and 15 at Microgaming, the cap is 10 and i have in that report 1000 hands at 11+15.

roy.goncalves
08-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Yes i see the new stat but i don't get it. I have a MT Ratio of 9.91 and # of Tables 1 on the Sessions/By Stakes report. It doesn't happen in all rows, the majority of them have both stats very similar.

Check the row that showed 1 table and look at the times of the hand and see if you played any other tables at that time. It should be correct.

On the MTR report the # of tables is wrong. Its impossible to play 11 and 15 at Microgaming, the cap is 10 and i have in that report 1000 hands at 11+15.

I'll try to tweak it a bit but basically if you are playing 10 tables, close 5 and open 5 new ones immediately playing new hands then it's going to think you were playing them at the same time since hand histories don't tell you when a hand ends, just when it starts.

I will play around with it some more but hopefully you see the issue there - new tables can start before I know that the old table hands are over and it is closed

rvg

Hilips
08-10-2011, 03:00 AM
I have 65 hands on the MTR report at 15 tables. I then change the filter to the day i play those hands and those 65 hands were taken out of a non stop 10 hours session playing 9-10tables for a total of 8639 hands.

So yeh, i imagine i open and closed alot of tables.

Don't know if this info helps or not.

roy.goncalves
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I tweaked the calculation that should lower the number of > 10 table hands that are recorded for ipoker for you. Multi Table Ratio is an imperfect stat since there are some guesses that are made based on when hands and tables open and close. I shortened the length of idle time which should help a bit.

Please note, if you play FTP Rush we still have some work to do and most likely will end up filtering out these hands or seperating them into their own row in the report because due to the speed that tables open and close it is almost impossible to get any sort of MTR that is meaningful

rvg

Hilips
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Tks roy, but i was talking about Microgaming not Ipoker. The limit of tables at Ipoker its higher then 10, i think.

hen
08-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Sorry, but how do I add this stat to my reports? I can't see it in the options of stats to add and haven't seen any custom stat code ITT...?

roy.goncalves
08-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry, but how do I add this stat to my reports? I can't see it in the options of stats to add and haven't seen any custom stat code ITT...?

In the stat selector search for "Multi" or look in the basic section for MT Ratio and then add it to the report.