PDA

View Full Version : Stats and SD/Non-SD winnings

zenopyan
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi, I've been playing at microstakes 4nl, 10nl and currently I'm on 20nl at entraction. Overall I'm winning but at 20nl I met a lot of resistance and I'm just a marginal winner at 1 bb/100 for 20k hands with a lot of swings.
One thing that bothers me is that my non-showdown winnings are way more than my SD-winnings. Almost since I started at 4nl my non-sd winnings were more than the other ones and as I climbed up to 20nl the gap becomes larger. Maybe I play too aggressively but that's not so bad, right? Or I call down with marginal hands at showdown maybe. Here are my stats for 20nl:
VPIP: 25,7
PFR: 22.0
3bet%: 9.0
vs 3bet call%: 30,6
4bet: 1,8
Flop c-bet%: 78,6
Agg: 3.44
Agg%: 39,3
W$WSF: 46,8
WTSD: 24.0
W$SD%: 49.3

I have attached my graph (I think that the evening up between the sd and non-sd winnings is just temporary, I doubt it'll remain like that).
I'd be very thankful for any comments on how I should improve my game.
BTW, maybe I should mention that in entraction it isn't as easy in the microstakes as it should be - there are lots of nits and most people are regulars since it's quite a small network, so opponents are a bit tough most of the time (although nits have weaknesses too).

badactor
05-10-2009, 04:13 PM
One thing that bothers me is that my non-showdown winnings are way more than my SD-winnings.

I wouldn't worry about NSD vs SD winnings. What is important is the sum. The ratio is dependent on the style of poker you play. When you are aggressively betting your hands, you often fold out worst hands. So when you get to showdown, you often have the worst hand. Reducing your showdown winnings, but you your NSD looks good. Just make sure you aren't calling your way to showdown with your medium/weaker hands. That will also reduce you SD winnings.

kewen
05-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Your stats look fine. The style of poker you play and the tendencies of the villains at the table will influence SD vs non-SD winnings. When I sit down I try to work out how I'm going to get the money, i.e. who can I double barrel bluff and who I can value bet slim. It's a continuum not black and white but these reads will influence my play.

The only thing that jumped out was the amount you are 3-betting, 9%, seemed high (but fine). Mine tends to be around 6%. Maybe you could flat more in position.

Also, you seem to call a lot of 3-bets (although not an unreasonable amount). My calling 3-betting is around 26%.

VPIP and PFR are also pretty high. Mine are around 20/16.

Note, 20k isn't a huge sample size.