PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to PostgreSQL;And now I need to reenter reg code and it won't accept i

Lego05
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
When I tried to go into Holdem Manager today I tried going in through the database control panel (since when I use the shortcut import and HUD don't work for some reason), but when I clicked connect it said: "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?" Having Holdem Manager start the service doesn't work. This was working fine the last time I tried to use it which was less than a week ago.

So I tried downloading the latest Holdem Manager again and it still wouldn't work. Then I tried going in through the shortcut again and I had to reenter my registration code, which would not work. I had this same problem a while ago where I had to reenter my registration code and it wouldn't work and it took someone using teamviewer to get it to work for me. Registration code is xxxx

Please fix this.

Thank-you

David

mackandoo
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Dunno if its the same prob. Once i tried to lauch HM this message appeared ...... HM has determined that you are running Microsoft Vista. In order to have HM run well you should disable User Access Control in your Control Panel - User section. This is needed in order to porperly install Postgre.".... So i i disabled user access control and tried to launch hm. And now it says i got a test version and i have to register it again. However i have deleated the mail with the serial numbers. Is there a possibility that the 2 serial numbers are sent to me again?

morny
05-08-2009, 07:23 PM
When I tried to go into Holdem Manager today I tried going in through the database control panel (since when I use the shortcut import and HUD don't work for some reason), but when I clicked connect it said: "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?" Having Holdem Manager start the service doesn't work. This was working fine the last time I tried to use it which was less than a week ago.

So I tried downloading the latest Holdem Manager again and it still wouldn't work. Then I tried going in through the shortcut again and I had to reenter my registration code, which would not work. I had this same problem a while ago where I had to reenter my registration code and it wouldn't work and it took someone using teamviewer to get it to work for me. Registration code is xxxx

Please fix this.

Thank-you

David

Can you check and see if UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73 and if so please try the following solutions http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=159

From the sound of both your problems though id say its related to either the antivirus or the firewall so try completely uninstalling them as most times disabling it wont work.

Dunno if its the same prob. Once i tried to lauch HM this message appeared ...... HM has determined that you are running Microsoft Vista. In order to have HM run well you should disable User Access Control in your Control Panel - User section. This is needed in order to porperly install Postgre.".... So i i disabled user access control and tried to launch hm. And now it says i got a test version and i have to register it again. However i have deleated the mail with the serial numbers. Is there a possibility that the 2 serial numbers are sent to me again?

Please email support@holdemmanager.net for the new code.