PDA

View Full Version : HoldemManager.exe taking up tons of CPU

xyz456
07-30-2011, 10:41 PM
HoldemManager.exe takes up 20-40% of my cpu at all times, even when I am not importing or using the HUD. This is way too high, and really slows down my computer when I play. The memory usage seems reasonable.

Not sure if this is related, but the single largest file on my computer is
C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/base/16403/16628 which is 1.0 GB (and the entire PostgreSQL folder is 9.9 GB). I regularly do all the vacuuming/reindexing/HH purging/etc. I also just started using a new database which should be quite small now (though I guess it keeps the older big one around).

I'm using Windows 7. I followed all the instructions for running the executables as admin, and allowed them through the firewalls. I use Symantec antivirus, which I don't believe has any issues with HEM.

Despite everything I have done, the cpu usage is still unmanageably high.

Patvs
07-30-2011, 11:40 PM
CPU spike issue started after the Windows 7 security updates. (when we released 1.11.07)

We're still investigating it and looking for a solution/fix.

megamulk
08-02-2011, 04:20 AM
HoldemManager.exe takes up 20-40% of my cpu at all times, even when I am not importing or using the HUD. This is way too high, and really slows down my computer when I play. The memory usage seems reasonable.

Not sure if this is related, but the single largest file on my computer is
C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/base/16403/16628 which is 1.0 GB (and the entire PostgreSQL folder is 9.9 GB). I regularly do all the vacuuming/reindexing/HH purging/etc. I also just started using a new database which should be quite small now (though I guess it keeps the older big one around).

I'm using Windows 7. I followed all the instructions for running the executables as admin, and allowed them through the firewalls. I use Symantec antivirus, which I don't believe has any issues with HEM.

Despite everything I have done, the cpu usage is still unmanageably high.

I've been having the exact same issue for a week or two now, im also running windows 7, v1.11.07b and have tried vacuuming, new databases, defragging etc and the problem persists.

Glad to hear you guys are looking at the issue, its been a real pain. Please let me know if you'd like any further info regards my settip or would like me to try any patches etc

zarkorama
08-04-2011, 08:42 PM
1 more of these issues right here... pc idle, cpu at 30%
windows 7 x64 sp1

Changer
08-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Same problem here. Just after I updated my windows 7.

xyz456
08-09-2011, 01:57 PM
update on this: it looks like the problem is related to using mozilla firefox for me. When I have firefox open, HoldemManager.exe takes about 20% of my cpu (even when I'm not importing or using the HUD). When I shut off firefox, it goes down to close to 0%. Is there maybe some firefox plugin that has problems with HEM? This is for Windows 7.

Edit: this also seems to happen when I restart Firefox in safe mode with plugins disabled. So I think there is some clash happening between firefox and hem on windows 7.

xyz456
08-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Any idea on how firefox could somehow be clashing with HoldemManager.exe following a Windows 7 update? I don't really get how this can happen.

mcine
08-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Hey,

I am having this problem also and when I look at the process with process explorer, I can see that it is the bodoghands.dll that is taking the cpu, even tho I don't have any accounts in bodog... IT takes 10% even when no import is ongoing ..

edit:

I renamed it (changed the extension to dll_) and now the manager takes almost no cpu time..

netsrak
08-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Thanks for this tip - i'll forward it to our developers.

mcine
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
oops.-wrong topic.

Arska
07-25-2012, 08:31 AM
CPU spike issue started after the Windows 7 security updates. (when we released 1.11.07)

We're still investigating it and looking for a solution/fix.

Is this problem solved? I want to know please.My cpu usage is too high

netsrak
07-25-2012, 09:04 AM
If you are still using 1.11.07 it may not be solved but in newer releases this is solved. Latest is 1.12.10b: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

If you still have performance problems we need more details about your system, the installed software and ....

Arska
07-25-2012, 09:30 AM
If you are still using 1.11.07 it may not be solved but in newer releases this is solved. Latest is 1.12.10b: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

If you still have performance problems we need more details about your system, the installed software and ....

now my cpu is 10-14% when its not import, when it's importing 30-40% is it normal?

now is working great

Patvs
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
It should use 0% when you're not importing.