PDA

View Full Version : Some more issues to report

Veteran68
07-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Had a repeatable crash tonight when I double-clicked a rakeback entry in the Rakeback & Bonuses panel in Settings. The first time, I got the error report dialog, filled it out, then it bombed saying it couldn't send the report. The second time, it did seem to send so maybe you got it. This is repeatable if you double-click the Player or Percentage column in the row. Double-clicking the Description column did not cause a crash.
When entering rakeback, it asked for a percentage and I entered 35, but it interpreted that as 3500% (my graph went nuts). So I went back (after working through the above crashes) to correct it to 0.35, which was then promptly rounded and displayed as 0.4%. The graph looked correct but my concerns are (a) is it using 40% RB for calculations or is that just a display value, and (b) it's incorrect to display 0.4% as 40% (much less 35%). You should either drop the 0 and decimal, or the % sign, but not have both. I'd suggest no rounding in the display at all, or least round to 2 places, just to avoid this confusion.
I can't get the won/lost amount to display with mucked cards. It has never worked for me with HM2, but I'm just now thinking to report it. The "Won/loss label" option is checked and I see the mucked cards, just not the won/lost amount.
I think I read someone else report this, but I've been meaning to mention it too. The column headers in the HUD Filters panel are rendering behind the first row of settings. You can just barely see the tops of the text.
In the Merge seating preferences in the HUD options, are the seat numbers standard as set by Merge? Because they seem random and all over the place. For a 6-max game, seat 1 is at 9:00, for 9-max it's at 6:00, and for 10-max it's at 1:00. PokerStars by contrast is as expected, with seat 1 in the 1:00 position for all 6-max and larger tables. FullTilt seems completely broken as it only ever displays the one seat at 6:00 no matter which table size you pick (not that FT is terribly relevant at the moment, but it still looks bad).
The Tournament Session Summary graph shows Net Chips Won on the Y-axis, which really isn't useful when you're looking at session results. Actual winnings would be much more logical. I don't see a way to change this other than to Big blinds or Big bets, which likewise isn't useful for tournaments. It's obviously setup as a cash graph, and really needs to tweaked to be useful for tourneys -- pretty much the Tournament Winnings Graph but for the session. I like to keep the Session tab open while playing, but the graph is really tilting me, lol.

Veteran68
07-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Playing an MTT today on Lock for the first time in a long time, and notice that the Big Blind and M stats don't update. Both are shown as -'s. Been working fine in STTs.
The .NET error when double-clicking a HUD panel is back. It had stopped happening immediately after the clean install of the update a few days ago that fixed the hero HUD update, and I had reported it was fixed. However tonight I noticed during this MTT that it's doing it again, every time a panel is double-clicked. Fortunately it seems benign and doesn't crash or shutdown HM2 or the HUD. Also, this is with a new HUD layout created from the Default 2.0 layout -- I did not re-import my HM1 HUDS after this install.

Veteran68
07-31-2011, 10:06 PM
In the Merge seating preferences in the HUD options, are the seat numbers standard as set by Merge? Because they seem random and all over the place. For a 6-max game, seat 1 is at 9:00, for 9-max it's at 6:00, and for 10-max it's at 1:00. PokerStars by contrast is as expected, with seat 1 in the 1:00 position for all 6-max and larger tables. FullTilt seems completely broken as it only ever displays the one seat at 6:00 no matter which table size you pick (not that FT is terribly relevant at the moment, but it still looks bad).
Another problem I ran into today that I think is related to this same messed up Merge seating. I've been playing almost exclusively 6-max STTs (DONs) but today played in a VIP Freeroll at Lock, which was a 10-seater. The HUD and mucked card positions were all wrong, off by 5 positions (i.e. each players HUD/cards were directly opposite their actual seat). Thinking maybe this was the first FR game I'd played since several updates, I figured I just needed to position them the first time I played each table size. So I painstakingly positioned them all during the tournament.

Now tonight I'm back to my regular 6-max STTs, and my HUD & mucked card positions are all screwed up again. Apparently changing them for 10-max also moved them for 6-max. Totally uncool! I feel like it has to be related to the inconsistencies in HM2's Merge seat numbering as pointed out above.

morny
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Had a repeatable crash tonight when I double-clicked a rakeback entry in the Rakeback & Bonuses panel in Settings. The first time, I got the error report dialog, filled it out, then it bombed saying it couldn't send the report. The second time, it did seem to send so maybe you got it. This is repeatable if you double-click the Player or Percentage column in the row. Double-clicking the Description column did not cause a crash.

Thanks, this is already written up but your info on the percentage column helps in reproducing it. Bug is #2224

When entering rakeback, it asked for a percentage and I entered 35, but it interpreted that as 3500% (my graph went nuts). So I went back (after working through the above crashes) to correct it to 0.35, which was then promptly rounded and displayed as 0.4%. The graph looked correct but my concerns are (a) is it using 40% RB for calculations or is that just a display value, and (b) it's incorrect to display 0.4% as 40% (much less 35%). You should either drop the 0 and decimal, or the % sign, but not have both. I'd suggest no rounding in the display at all, or least round to 2 places, just to avoid this confusion.

Ok looks like this is specific to tournaments, i have written a bug for this #828, looks like its multiplying by the rakeback %, well get this fixed

I can't get the won/lost amount to display with mucked cards. It has never worked for me with HM2, but I'm just now thinking to report it. The "Won/loss label" option is checked and I see the mucked cards, just not the won/lost amount.

Thanks wrote a bug for this #2234

I think I read someone else report this, but I've been meaning to mention it too. The column headers in the HUD Filters panel are rendering behind the first row of settings. You can just barely see the tops of the text.

This is written up now too #2235

This should be correct unless they changed it, some sites differ but most use the 1 oclock position as seat 1 but not all, if you notice a problem with any of them please let me know, full tilt use auto centre thats why you just see 1 seat.

The Tournament Session Summary graph shows Net Chips Won on the Y-axis, which really isn't useful when you're looking at session results. Actual winnings would be much more logical. I don't see a way to change this other than to Big blinds or Big bets, which likewise isn't useful for tournaments. It's obviously setup as a cash graph, and really needs to tweaked to be useful for tourneys -- pretty much the Tournament Winnings Graph but for the session. I like to keep the Session tab open while playing, but the graph is really tilting me, lol.

Already wrote up bug #1721

Playing an MTT today on Lock for the first time in a long time, and notice that the Big Blind and M stats don't update. Both are shown as -'s. Been working fine in STTs.
Ill need to investigate this, dont have access to Merge right now.

The .NET error when double-clicking a HUD panel is back. It had stopped happening immediately after the clean install of the update a few days ago that fixed the hero HUD update, and I had reported it was fixed. However tonight I noticed during this MTT that it's doing it again, every time a panel is double-clicked. Fortunately it seems benign and doesn't crash or shutdown HM2 or the HUD. Also, this is with a new HUD layout created from the Default 2.0 layout -- I did not re-import my HM1 HUDS after this install.

Can you copy and paste the full error into a document and attach and just remind me does this happen every single time once the problem re-occured?

Another problem I ran into today that I think is related to this same messed up Merge seating. I've been playing almost exclusively 6-max STTs (DONs) but today played in a VIP Freeroll at Lock, which was a 10-seater. The HUD and mucked card positions were all wrong, off by 5 positions (i.e. each players HUD/cards were directly opposite their actual seat). Thinking maybe this was the first FR game I'd played since several updates, I figured I just needed to position them the first time I played each table size. So I painstakingly positioned them all during the tournament.

Now tonight I'm back to my regular 6-max STTs, and my HUD & mucked card positions are all screwed up again. Apparently changing them for 10-max also moved them for 6-max. Totally uncool! I feel like it has to be related to the inconsistencies in HM2's Merge seat numbering as pointed out above.

Ok i will get someone with a Merge account to duplicate this as my account is currently locked. Thanks for taking the time to write all these bugs, much appreciated

udbrky
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Did you go into seating preferences and change your preferred seat?

Merge has 9-seat full ring tables and 10-seat. You need to assign a different seat for both.

Don't manually adjust the seats, do it for that site in seating preferences.

morny
08-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Confirmed and wrote up bug for Tourney M and BB #2237, cant reproduce the seating preference so follows Chris's instructions below, sounds like you just might have a configuration issue rather than a bug

Sarek
08-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Atm 10max preffered seating in Merge is rotated on 180. If you want to sit on table at 19:00 hours, select #1 in HM.
For 9max all is ok.
Bug written (2241)

Veteran68
08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Did you go into seating preferences and change your preferred seat?

Merge has 9-seat full ring tables and 10-seat. You need to assign a different seat for both.

Don't manually adjust the seats, do it for that site in seating preferences.
Not sure what you mean by "don't manually adjust the seats." I always set my preferred seats in HM2, same as I did in HM1. And yes, I've set them correctly for all table sizes(well, according to the HM2 seating diagram, which I don't think is correct). That's why I'm reporting this problem. :) My preferred seating at all sites is at 6:00, or closest to it. For Merge 6-max and 10-max, it's at 5:00 going by the HM2 seating diagrams:

http://morrisonline.us/pics/poker/hm2_merge_seating.png

I can't really see how these seating assignments make any sense. As was mentioned, most sites have seat #1 at 1:00, but even if Merge doesn't -- let's say they have seat #1 at 9:00 -- you'd think they would be consistent. As you can see, seat #1 is all over the place. And again, when I positioned my 10-max HUD and mucked cards, it changed the positions for my 6-max tables as well.

Atm 10max preffered seating in Merge is rotated on 180. If you want to sit on table at 19:00 hours, select #1 in HM.
For 9max all is ok.
Bug written (2241)
Ah, so seat #1 in 10-max should be at 7:00/19:00, just to the left of seat #1 in 9-max? And this would make seat #10 at 5:00/17:00? That's where I like to sit in 10-max. I'll set it to 10 and see if it works for my next 10-max game, and hopefully it doesn't screw up my 6-max again.