PDA

View Full Version : Unable to read data from the transport connection?

ZoolooZ
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
When i open HM i get this message

Unable to read data from the transport connection: an existing connection was closed by the remote host.

WTF any ideas?

ZoolooZ
05-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Ok found this answer in another thread.

If so then Try and start the postgreSQL service:
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Then scroll To PostgreSQL Database Server and make sure it’s started and if not Right click PostgreSQL Database Server and choose start

Most likely this will give an error like:
The postgreSQL Database service started then stopped, Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do...

When you get the error do the following:
Go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications and in there for the time corresponding to the time you got the error starting the service you should see a postgreSQL error, copy and paste the details of the error into this thread

here is the error message i recieved

2009-05-06 15:16:26 GMT FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists 2009-05-06 15:16:26 GMT HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 2484) running in data directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data"?

any ideas?

morny
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
go to C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data and delete the postmaster.pid file and then try and restart the service, if it dosent work have a look in event viewer for the new error

viggosen
05-12-2009, 09:25 AM
I have got the same problem a couple of times the last few days.
But then a few hours later it runs again without any problem.
I also get the message
"Unable to read data from the transport connection: an existing connection was closed by the remote host"

But when it fails and I check the log, it says something about "waiting for server"

morny
05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Please follow this FAQ exactly http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

viggosen
05-15-2009, 02:58 PM
I think you are right, when I removed my antivirus program (F-Secure) it worked again, I tried to follow the steps in the tread and then reinstall the antivirus program, but then the problem came back.

Then I decided to write to the antivirus forum about the problem.

Here is the answer I got:

"Ok,

I assume it installs a local SQL server which listens to localhost on a specific port.
Both the server app and the client need to be allowed in application control.
If this is the case and it is still not working, create a firewall rule that allows this traffic on the specified port."

So i set the application control to allow all in and outgoing for these programs:

PostgreSQL server
PostgreSQL utility
Holdemmanager
HMhud
DBcontrolpanel.

That didn`t work.

Then I tried opening port 5432. (thats the one I can see in the DBcontrol panel error)

Still no luck.

Any other ideas?

If not, could you list the antivirus programs you do know the holdem manager works with?

morny
05-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah some antivirus like Mcafee,Norton etc cause alot of problems obviously we can add Fsecure to that list. 2 antiviruses i can personally say work well and are free are AVG and Avast, so try uninstalling that again (unfortunately youll probably need to reinstall postgreSQL again though)

lafrigue
09-23-2009, 01:46 PM
i've got this problem since today

so this is what i tried before posting :

- i tried to start the service manually but it says : services stop automatically if they have o work to do

- i uninstalled my antivirus : mcafee

- i tried the solution to logon as as system local account

- i reinstalled postgresql 8.3

- i downloaded the 1.09.34 beta

but still othing working ... help
unable to read data from transport

netsrak
09-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Is the Postgresql service running or not?

If yes try disabling your firewall

If not look for the file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer.

If you cant figure it out: please email fabio@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.