PDA

View Full Version : Super Slow HM2 Import on a super strong PC

Shloogy
07-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Greetings,
After updating today to the latest version of HM2 I now import at speed of no more than 13h\s.

When I first started to use HM I experienced an import of ~700h\s.

Specs
CPU 2600k @ 3.4GHZ
8GB RAM 1600MHz
Drive: latest Crucial SSD 128GB drive

Notes:
My HM db was extremely small, ~45MB (!) so it was super strange that Im experiencing these slow import speeds.

I tried the following troubleshooting:
Optimizing DB
importing one file at a time
Creating a new db
Completely uninstall HM2 + postgress and reinstall

Nothing helps...

pe3ucTop
07-29-2011, 10:10 AM
same problem here. Not as strong computer configuration but still the importing speed is worrying - a little under 10hands/second

fozzy71
07-29-2011, 10:59 AM
What site are the hands from? What types of Games?

If they are Stars Super Satellites we are aware of the issue and looking into it. These particular hands cause slow import speeds on hm1 and hm2 currently.

If the hands are from any other type of games, from any other site, please zip a good portion of the hands and email them to us for testing.

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

Shloogy
07-29-2011, 11:00 AM
The hands are from Entraction, not datamined hands.
Also, they're from Cash Games solely.

Did you try importing ?

fozzy71
07-29-2011, 11:14 AM
The hands are from Entraction, not datamined hands.
Also, they're from Cash Games solely.

Did you try importing ?

I do not see any emails in our system from you. Can you please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com so we can test the hands?

Shloogy
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
There's nothing wrong with the hands... The first time I launched HM I imported them in 700h\r. This must be a build issue because it happened immediately after the latest auto update. First version = fast , latest version =slow. The hands are the same... it's just math :)

pe3ucTop
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
My hands are from pacific and Boss media, about 100000 hands. The huge amount of them are cash NLHE games, there must be some from tourneys too and several thousand of PLO cash games.

As far as the importing goes. When I installed HEM2 i chose the option to import my hands from my HEM1 version.

fozzy71
07-29-2011, 11:55 AM
There's nothing wrong with the hands... The first time I launched HM I imported them in 700h\r. This must be a build issue because it happened immediately after the latest auto update. First version = fast , latest version =slow. The hands are the same... it's just math :)

I just tested some hands with the latest internal build and can confirm that something has apparently changed with import speeds. We have dropped everything else and are already looking into it. We will post here again when we have more details/questions/solutions regarding this.

morny
07-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reports lads, looks like something broke with the importing and were working on this and well get it fixed quickly

mofo
07-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I think I suggested this already at some point, but you really should (well it's your business, so do what you want of course) apply unit testing extensively to prevent these things from happening. Now instead of developer immediately realizing some changes have caused the automated tests to fail (in this case, tests that verify performance), you have released a version to the public (albeit small one because it's still limited beta) and caused problems and inconvenience and now have to "drop everything else". :)

Shloogy
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the reports lads
Morny are you Irish ?

morny
07-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback mofo, this has already been discussed and is something were looking at, weve rolled back the build until we fix the current issue however anyone that already has the newer build will need to manually roll back, of course this will re-introduce some of the bugs we fix, just mentioning so your aware.

Here's the build: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2AutoUpdate31.exe

Yes i'm Irish did my accent give it away :)

OTPlayboy
07-29-2011, 01:41 PM
caused problems and inconvenience and now have to "drop everything else". :)

part of bein in on the BETA! :p

mofo
07-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Sure thing.. but unless something is done about it, it's gonna be exactly the same when it's released. And it's also time consuming for support people when they read posts/emails about problems and try to find out if it's just the customer's (or tester's in this case I guess) configuration or computer issues or what not. And it's gonna prevent people from finding other bugs and generally slowing down development when it could've been prevented.

KuPoB_K
07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I suppose, we can roll back, import all hands and then reinstall the current version before we start testing the program.

Elinow
10-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Installed 7923_HoldemManager2Setup yesterday. Got 3 hands/sec import on 3.4GHz/16Gb ram, SSD file store. Probably something went wrong again. Site - PokerStars. Could you check it, please?

Patvs
10-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Check if they import at normal speeds, into a new empty database.

anthonbet
10-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Check if they import at normal speeds, into a new empty database.

I have updated at new 7932 version and import speed is very slow, like 7.8 hands/second. Can someone help me? ty

p.s. Pokerstars hands

udbrky
10-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Please download the same version of postgresql that you have now from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows). Uninstall yours, and install this update.

Please remove c:\hmarchive and/or c:\hm2archive from your auto import folders list, as well as any folder to which your auto import folders are set to archive, or any folder that has a lot of hands files, from your auto import folders. This just creates a loop of importing and archiving and slows down your HUD, perhaps even causing it not to show up, and in some cases a crash, as Windows cannot handle the file names.