PDA

View Full Version : Tournament editing still doesn't work in 2.0.0.4792

SteveCut
07-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Think of an amount - any amount. Now try to edit a tournament so that that tournament shows this amount as your winnings. Good luck! If you manage to get your head around whether to include or exclude the buy-in you will then come across the problem of the result being rounded to the nearest $1.

Also, it is not logical that the 'Reports>tournament>tournaments>winnings column shows winnings for non-cashed tournaments as minus <buy-in amount> but when you edit a tournament you have to enter '0.00'

I really don't understand why the program is interfering with user-entered data. I just want to enter the correct information and write it to the database. Just do some validation checks and write my edit to the db please.

This new system of showing the net winnings rather than the gross really seems to be complicating tournament editing. Unfortunately, HM support of tournaments has always been flaky and it's impossible to use HM to keep track of tournament results without doing a lot of manual editing of results, removing duplicated tourneys etc. Can you not go back to the old system where we enter the gross winnings? You can still calculate and show the net winnings in the reports, by all means, but this manual editing really needs to be sorted. It's unusable at the moment.

udbrky
07-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Did you try this in 96?

What exactly happens when you edit the fields?

How many tournaments are you having to edit? If the site is writing the information into the file, it shouldn't need edited. There are a lot of sites that do not put that information in there, and unfortunately, we cannot put the information if it is not in there. That's why there is the default tournament buyin setting in settings.

Please give constructive things we can do to make tournament tracking better.

Can you show us some where your profit and roi are off due to the way HM2 records and calculates it? Please email those HH files to udbrky@gmail.com

BlackSaphire
07-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Pardon for jumping in, but I'm esperimenting the same problem as part of the bigger one we were trying to address yesterday on Skype...

Did you try this in 96?
Yep, right now, same problem.

What exactly happens when you edit the fields?
I'd Put "10" in the Re-buy plus Add-on field of a 4,20 + 0.80 MTT.
Write 17,87 in the Winning field.
Close.

After this, the Tournament in the Session/Tournament/Tournament results would read something like:
BuyIn 15 (the R/A are always rigth after editing); Winnings -3, 10.5, 2, -5.
The 4 numbers for winnings are results of 4 tries when I always put the same numbers while editing...

How many tournaments are you having to edit? If the site is writing the information into the file, it shouldn't need edited.
More or less 50%; both R/A and winnings are in the HH file (checked).

Please email those HH files to udbrky@gmail.com
Just did as you requested on skype... a couple of those HHs show this kind of behaviour.

SteveCut
07-30-2011, 09:51 AM
BlackSaphire has answered most of the questions. My experience is the same.

Constructive suggestions? Well I've already suggested that the program stops messing with user-entered data (apart from some basic validation to ensure nonsense isn't written to the db.) Also please return to the HM1 system of editing gross winnings rather than net. From a db design viewpoint, gross would be the correct way to store the information, with net being calculated. So presumably this is how it's handled behind the scenes.

Profit and ROI are not off due to the way HM calculates them. They're off due to the fact that it's impossible to enter the correct data when HM fails to write it from the HHs. These are Pokerstars HHs - the winnings information is there.

@udbrky: it's complicated to explain exactly what happens when you try to edit the fields, which is why I wrote my OP the way I did. I suggest you import the tournies that BlackSaphire sent you and try editing one yourself. You'll quickly understand what we're on about.

I've not sent any HHs as they are standard. You can check it out using any HH. The problem lies with HM.

udbrky
07-30-2011, 05:44 PM
OK, I'll look into this. Thank you for clarifying.

udbrky
08-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Haven't forgotten this, we're just trying to get things straightened out with the build overall

SteveCut
08-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks, udbrky.

Another related problem I've just noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a way to delete tournament records as you could in HM1. This is a vital requirement because when I suffer a disconnect, HM often writes a duplicate tournament record for each tourney I'm playing (HM1 had this problem too.) The program seems to have particular difficulty in identifying ongoing tourneys on iPoker. I need to be able to delete these 'ghost' duplicates.

udbrky
08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Can you send hh files for this?

You should be able to go to the tournaments tab, highlight the one that's duplicated, and then show all hands in the handsview, highlight and delete.

But if there's not duplicate hh's, it might delete both.

SteveCut
08-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Deleting the hands in the hands-view sucessfully deleted the duplicate tournament, ty. [edit] but not in every case.

I took a screenshot of the duplicated records before I deleted them and will send this together with HHs to you by email.

[edit] I've just been trying to correct all my tourneys. There are more problems! Some single-table SnGs were written as two-table or MTT. These also showed that I lost 2, 3 or 4 times my buy-in which is rather difficult to do, even for me! So I select 'Single table' but the program ignores me or changes the entry from 'MTT' to '2-tables' instead. I tried again and this time the program not only ignored my selection but changed the 'winnings' information, even though I didn't change anything in that field! HM seems determined that I lose more than my buy-in! Give me a break please! Poker is already tough enough! :-)

udbrky
08-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Please send in those hands as well with a link to this thread.