PDA

View Full Version : Auto-update wasnt working; now I cannot open HM2 anymore.

sebasdess
07-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Sorry, this message is a repost from here:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/102941-auto-update-failed.html
(i thought at first that me and OP had the same problem, but they were two different problems)

Here is the bug:

First, I was unable to do the auto-update (it was crashing as soon as I click on "download and update".
After like 20 tries, it started working for no obvious reason.
But since then, I am not able to open HM2 anymore! :(

I tried to uninstall HM2, re-install it and update. No success: i still cant open HM2 and I get two error messages as soon as I try to launch HM2.

Here is a copy-paste of those two messages:
FIRST:
Hold'em Manager encountered an unrecoverable error:
Details copied to clipboard
Failed to load type for module HUDModule. Error was: An exception occurred while initializing module 'HUDModule'.
- The exception message was: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
- The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:HoldemManager.Modules.UI.HUD, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.
Stack Trace at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleMan ager.HandleModuleTypeLoadingError(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleMan ager.IModuleTypeLoader_LoadModuleCompleted(Object sender, LoadModuleCompletedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.FileModul eTypeLoader.RaiseLoadModuleCompleted(LoadModuleCom pletedEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.FileModul eTypeLoader.RaiseLoadModuleCompleted(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, Exception error)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.FileModul eTypeLoader.LoadModuleType(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleMan ager.BeginRetrievingModule(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleMan ager.LoadModuleTypes(IEnumerable`1 moduleInfos)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleMan ager.LoadModulesWhenAvailable()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleMan ager.Run()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.Unit yBootstrapper.InitializeModules()
at HoldemManager.Bootstrapper.InitializeModules()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.Unit yBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
at HoldemManager.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

SECOND: (this one appear as soon as I click on "OK" after the first message)
Hold'em Manager encountered an unrecoverable error:
Details copied to clipboard
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: container
Stack Trace at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions .Resolve[T](IUnityContainer container, ResolverOverride[] overrides)
at HoldemManager.Shell.RibbonWindow_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)
at System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()
at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()
at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

What can I do? I cant even open HM2 anymore! :(

netsrak
07-29-2011, 08:33 AM
you should reinstall the full version (without Postgresql) and start with a fresh configuration.