PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect and constant problems

rock-steady
05-03-2009, 01:11 PM
When trying to open HEM I get this problem

"Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" Once I click OK, I get the message that DBControlpanel is not working and HEM go's off completely.

I spoke to Roy on msn who emailed me

"Hi, 95% of all postgresql problems can be solved by doing this:

first reboot and then

1) Open up control panel

2) Double click on Administrative Tools

3) Double click on Services

4) Find the postgresql service in the list then right click and press “Start”

This method only works for approx 50-60 hands, when I am playing I can see that after that many hands no more are being imported, and I get the error screen

"Player hand error: Connection establishment timeout. Increase timeout value in connectionstring. Please email support@holdemmanager.net and let us know what version of PostgreSQL you are running"

If I try to then, start it all over again via the instructions Roy gave me, I get this error screen

"Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on local computer.

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified"

I am totally lost, this is not the first time I have had these kind of problems and I play for a living so could you please help ASAP or set up a TV session to fix this please

thanks

rock-steady
05-03-2009, 06:09 PM
anyone?

morny
05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
If your getting this intermittingly then its most likely a firewall/antivirus, easiest thing to do is completely uninstall both (disabling wont work you need to uninstall) then try hm and see if the problem persists, if it dosent install the firewall and test for a while, then install the antivirus, this should help narrow it down what caused it. Then if its a constant problem consider using an alternative firewall/antivirus as theyres some good free ones about

rock-steady
05-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I can't uninstall the windows firewall on vista, it's part of the OS, im unsure of what to do at this point and would appreciate if we could set up a TV session as it will save alot of time and effort, as I said I play for a living so otherwise ill just have to use PT3 because I cant stop playing for days due to a lack of help.

morny
05-05-2009, 03:54 PM
I pmd you back