PDA

View Full Version : Hero HUD no longer updating

Veteran68
07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Yesterday, while trying to resolve this problem (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/94101-net-error-nre-when-double-clicking-hud.html), I created a new HUD layout from scratch to eliminate the possibility of the problem being with my imported 1.0 Merge HUD. After getting the new HUD setup and assigned, I started a session and noticed that my hero stats would not update with the new HUD, on any table. They're stuck at 0 hands and -'s on all tables. Only BB and M are updating. All settings seem correct -- I don't have any hero stats disabled that I can tell, nor did I change anything that wasn't related to the new HUD layout.

So tonight I reset things back to use my old imported 1.0 HUD (since the new one also didn't resolve the .NET error) and it won't update hero stats either! It worked fine before creating the new HUD. I don't know if it's related or just coincidental timing, but regardless I can't see my stats which makes multi-tabling very difficult for me -- I'd rather lose villains stats than my own, so this is a serious issue for me.

Today's update (4771) didn't fix it either.

morny
07-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks this has high priority at the moment and were working to get a fix out asap, if your interested in possibly doing a teamviewer session to help us narrow this down quicker please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com

morny
07-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi the developer is working on this now but the following information would be quite helpful:

1) happens only in cash / tourney or both
2) does it happen in the replayer?
3) does it always happen to the people that are reporting it and does it happen 100% of the time for them during the session on all tables or only at the beginning, at random points, once it happens then it stays etc
4) if you switch to session view do the other players show their stats?
5) If you switch to to session view Does the hero stats show?

It is showing -/-/- i presume and not 0/0/0 or just not showing the stats box at all?

roy.goncalves
07-27-2011, 01:38 PM
One other question, if you switch to the session view do the other players show the right stats? Does the hero?

rvg

smiffstarr
07-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey,

I've noticed that the HUD stats on the table that a specific player is at do not show up properly. Sometimes they do not come up at all and other times they will come up on the table, but the stats are "blank" as if I had 0 hands on everyone at the table. The worst thing of all is that the player is a weak opponent, so it's not like I want to just avoid his tables. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

udbrky
07-27-2011, 05:37 PM
We are working on this. Please send log files.

smiffstarr
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Where would I find the log files?

udbrky
07-27-2011, 08:13 PM
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\log.tx t

smiffstarr
07-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Also, my problem is slightly different from OP's problem. My problem isn't just that my stats are not showing up, but that all the stats are not showing up for all of the players at a table that a player by the name of "TCDC2323" is sitting at. All of my other tables work fine, it is just any table that this player sits at.

Veteran68
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Some of these I can't answer until I try again, but I'll answer what I can now. Later tonight when I play another session I'll fill in the blanks.

Only tourneys for me, specifically STT DoNs.

Not sure, don't think I've replayed a hand since this started happening a couple days ago. I'll check tonight.

3) does it always happen to the people that are reporting it and does it happen 100% of the time for them during the session on all tables or only at the beginning, at random points, once it happens then it stays etc
This specific problem (hero HUD not updating) had not happened to me at all until I reported it a couple days ago. Since that time it happens 100% of the time.

I had reported an earlier problem where, only during 1 session, random player stats stopped updating while others continued update (including mine). I haven't seen that problem since.

One other question, if you switch to the session view do the other players show the right stats? Does the hero?
I did switch to session view a couple times last night to check some opponent stats, and yes theirs were showing. I don't recall seeing mine appear (by this time I was probably ignoring my HUD panel since it was never updating). I'll confirm tonight.

It is showing -/-/- i presume and not 0/0/0 or just not showing the stats box at all?
It is showing a normal panel with my name and BB and M are updating properly. Hand count stays at 0, all other stats display -'s.

We are working on this. Please send log files.
I turned on "Hud logging" last night, but I don't see where any HUD related log files were written. I just searched both the install folder and C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager for *.log and it found 3 logs files: Import.log, Autoupdate.log, and Reg.log. Would it have another extension or be stored elsewhere?

EDIT: I see your post above mentioning log.txt. I found it from last night's session -- is this the HUD log? Looking through it, it looks like a general application log and not HUD specific. I can PM it or email it if that's the one you want. Let me know who to send it too.

udbrky
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
When you check hud logging, it creates a hudlog.txt file in the roaming folder

smiffstarr
07-27-2011, 09:06 PM
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\log.tx t

Went to that folder and did not find a log file. Once in the ...Roaming\HoldemManager\ folder the only thing there is a "config" folder. I have hidden files shown, so I'm not sure why there isn't anything there.

Veteran68
07-27-2011, 10:04 PM
When you check hud logging, it creates a hudlog.txt file in the roaming folder
Hmm, not for me. I just searched the entire Roaming\HoldemManager folder for that file. Then searched for *.txt and it only found the aforementioned log.txt.

I alsot just confirmed that the HUD Logging checkbox is still checked. Does HM2 ovewrite/delete the HUD log on startup? If so, I'm starting a session here in a minute and will watch for it to write one this time.

udbrky
07-27-2011, 10:15 PM
I think it's temporarily disabled.

Veteran68
07-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Well, that would explain it. So is the general log.txt helpful for this bug?

udbrky
07-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes, that should have everything.

Veteran68
07-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Just started a game and 5 hands in this is what my HUD vs. the player to my left looks like:

http://morrisonline.us/pics/poker/hm2_herohud_bug01.png

EDIT: Also, session stats don't update for hero either. The other players' session stats update fine. And speaking of session stats, please fix the double-click to get individual player session stats, rather than this all or nothing approach. Double-clicking a HUD panel still gets me the .NET error (NPE) that I've reported before.

morny
07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, can you try this version http://videos.holdemmanager.com/HoldemManager2SetupTest.exe and if the problem persists try deleting your config folder in app data/roaming/holdemmanger and reinstalling it once more. This version may solve this but we also noticed some issues just recently that were working on now that should definitely fix this if the next version doesn't. Finally we have added extra logging to this version so enable logging for the HUD and please email the log file to hm2support@holdemmanger.com if the issue persists after the clean reinstall.

udbrky
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
You can backup your huds by exporting them. Any popups you made, you can export by copy/pasting them to another folder as well.

I was able to restore to my old hud and not have these issues today.

roy.goncalves
07-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I believe this has been fixed as of the latest build from today. If you still have the problem tomorrow then please quote the version number you are running

rvg

Veteran68
07-28-2011, 11:39 PM
udbrky provided me the latest build via Skype tonight. Once I got my db situation worked out, I started a session without restoring any prior preferences or HUDs -- just a clean HM2 install using the Default 2.0 HUD. Hero stats are now updating and I no longer get the .NET error when double-clicking a HUD panel (but please bring back player session stats on double-click).

I'm not going to reimport/restore my old HUDs since that may have caused my problems. I'm just rebuilding it based on the Default 2.0 HUD.

morny
07-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Ill push on the session stats issue and have written up a bug for it #2211, thanks for all your help and glad its working, i'm pretty sure its nothing to do with the HM1 import hud as we had guys with the no stats issue that never even imported a hud, it might be possible that the .net issue was due to that but then thats also unlikely since we imported the one you attached without that issue, you've probably already redeisgned your new HUD but if not im sure its safe to try and even if it does re-occur if you backup your config folder before trying then you can just restore it if the problem resurfaces

Veteran68
07-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Also, my problem is slightly different from OP's problem. My problem isn't just that my stats are not showing up, but that all the stats are not showing up for all of the players at a table that a player by the name of "TCDC2323" is sitting at. All of my other tables work fine, it is just any table that this player sits at.
FWIW I sat down with this same player last night, and happened to have over 600 hands on him already, and have never seen this problem.

you've probably already redeisgned your new HUD but if not im sure its safe to try and even if it does re-occur if you backup your config folder before trying then you can just restore it if the problem resurfaces
Yeah, I don't use very complex HUDs so it's not a huge ordeal. Only 6-8 stats and most of them are on the default HUD already. And I use the default pop-ups anyway.

The most tedious thing is changing the font for each stat -- can we not get back a "master" font setting that is used for all stats, unless a specific stat font is set to override it? HM1 worked that way, and it was much easier to make font adjustments on your entire HUD at once.

Also, how do you change the font for the table stats? My imported HUD had my preferred font, but I don't like the default HM2 font for the table stats. I didn't see an obvious way to change it.

Veteran68
07-30-2011, 06:49 PM
The most tedious thing is changing the font for each stat -- can we not get back a "master" font setting that is used for all stats, unless a specific stat font is set to override it? HM1 worked that way, and it was much easier to make font adjustments on your entire HUD at once.

Also, how do you change the font for the table stats? My imported HUD had my preferred font, but I don't like the default HM2 font for the table stats. I didn't see an obvious way to change it.
Disregard these, I'm obviously blind, lol. Found the master font setting for the HUD which also sets the table stats font.

xlengthy
07-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Do you guys have an eta until the fix is released?

Veteran68
07-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Do you guys have an eta until the fix is released?
For hero HUD updates? It has been fixed, at least for me. Read up a few posts. The latest update works fine.

holdemmanger
07-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi the developer is working on this now but the following information would be quite helpful:

I only play cash, but it's happening for me there

yes

For me other players stats are sometimes appearing and disappearing, but the hero hud box is just never showing up at all

I'll try these soon

No stats box at all for me.

holdemmanger
07-31-2011, 03:48 PM

Yes

no

udbrky
07-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Did not work.

xlengthy
07-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I went ahead and did this and it's still not working.

xlengthy
07-31-2011, 11:54 PM
For hero HUD updates? It has been fixed, at least for me. Read up a few posts. The latest update works fine.
maybe I'm blind or my auto update isn't working. Is there some where I can download the latest beta manually?

roy.goncalves
08-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Can you tell me what version you are running and exactly what you are seeing. Also make sure you grab the most recent build and try again before responding

Thanks,
rvg

holdemmanger
08-01-2011, 03:07 AM
Got a possible fix.

Open your start menu

click all programs

Open postgresql

Run PGAdmin III

Open your latest version of Postgres installed.

Right click the database for hm2

Click maintenance

Run Reindex

After that runs, check for your hud.

PLEASE RESPOND BACK WITH HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU

Nope. Tried it and it doesn't work for me.

holdemmanger
08-01-2011, 03:10 AM
maybe I'm blind or my auto update isn't working. Is there some where I can download the latest beta manually?

Well if you click "Settings" at the bottom left there is a "check for update" button.

holdemmanger
08-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Can you tell me what version you are running and exactly what you are seeing. Also make sure you grab the most recent build and try again before responding

Thanks,
rvg

How do I find out what build I'm running? I clicked on "check for update" and it says I have the newest version.

Starscream
08-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Not sure if anyone else has tied this, but I uninstalled HM2 and then reinstalled the software. HERO and other players stats are updating and showing on the HUD now :)

holdemmanger
08-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Not sure if anyone else has tied this, but I uninstalled HM2 and then reinstalled the software. HERO and other players stats are updating and showing on the HUD now :)

Tried this but it didn't work for me. Perhaps my problem is not the same as others? I have no hud panel at all for hero. It's not that it's there and not updating.

xlengthy
08-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm running version 2.0.04796. I don't get any hero stat box on mine. I tried using the update in the settings menu (I guess I was blind) and it says my version is up to date.

xlengthy
08-01-2011, 10:13 AM
How do I find out what build I'm running? I clicked on "check for update" and it says I have the newest version.
It's at the top of the holdem manager screen. where it says Holdem Manager Professional version 2.xx

roy.goncalves
08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Tried this but it didn't work for me. Perhaps my problem is not the same as others? I have no hud panel at all for hero. It's not that it's there and not updating.

In the hud options there is an option to not show hero stats - did you happen to check this at some point?

rh300487
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
# BB doesnt show and my own HUD stats dont show. I did the database management mentioned before.

rh300487
08-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Just reinstalled again the 26 july software. the #BBs show again but my own HUD shows - - - where the stats should be.

Also the NOTECADDY note is back instead of the default note.

Now i need to update bute im afraid to loose the #BBs

udbrky
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Unfortunately the reindexing idea did not work.

If you create a new DB, this tends to fix the issue. Try that and import the last couple months of hands.

Starscream, did you keep your DB when you uninstalled or delete it and create a new one?

rh300487
08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Ok, it works, but #BBs is not working still...

udbrky
08-01-2011, 02:10 PM
We know about that and it is fixed for the next release.

waki
08-01-2011, 02:27 PM
there's no hud for hero on stars cash tables. stat appearance - display for hero is turned on, config - no hero hud is turned off. everything else is fine. any tips? ty

udbrky
08-01-2011, 02:30 PM
there's no hud for hero on stars cash tables. stat appearance - display for hero is turned on, config - no hero hud is turned off. everything else is fine. any tips? ty

Unfortunately the reindexing idea did not work.

If you create a new DB, this tends to fix the issue. Try that and import the last couple months of hands.

Starscream, did you keep your DB when you uninstalled or delete it and create a new one?

This is a temporary fix

rh300487
08-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Had to restart HEM2 a couple of times because NC wouldnt accept to run (even though it was checked in settings of the HUD)
Now my HUD is not working anymore.. :(

udbrky
08-01-2011, 02:45 PM
The note caddy issue should be fixed in the next release.

The hero hud is an issue we are working to track down the cause.