PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Upgrade

Schwatt
05-03-2009, 12:04 AM
I purchased the Omaha upgrade a few days ago and received the new code.

I followed the instructions in the email:

1)Make sure you go to our website and download the latest patch (1.08) then launch Holdem Manager. You may be asked to enter a serial number here - use your previous serial number.

I downloaded and installed this patch, though it was actually 1.08.01. I was never asked for a serial number, HEM just activated it automatically via internet.

2)Then go to the Help menu and select Clear Serial Code.

I tried doing this and got an error message and was told to manually clear the code. I went into Tools > Options > uncheck "hide protected operating system files"

I then looked in my Holdemmanager folder and only saw 2 files:

HoldemManagerSetupProject
setup

I did a manual search for the filename: holdemmanager.exe.ldat

It was not found anywhere on my system.

I am using XP on a near sterile 4 month old machine.

Thanks in advance!

morny
05-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Can you set it show hidden files http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

Schwatt
05-03-2009, 11:51 PM
I followed all those instructions, and there were still only those same 2 files in the holdemmanager folder. I searched for all Holdemmanager files on my computer, and that one specified wasnt on it.

Since I am unable to update to an Omaha compatible version, does that mean all my Omaha hands I had on the trial version are gone?

Also, every time I start HEM now since I upgraded, it goes through the online validation process.

morny
05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
email me to arrange a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

Schwatt
05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
morny, check your PM, set up a time anytime I suggested in the PM

Thanks!