PDA

View Full Version : HUD stopped working today

punter11235
05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
My HUD stopped working today when playing. It won't load again. Resetting HM doesn't work. Every time I start a HUD table manager window pops up for about 5 seconds then I get "not responding" label and then it shut down with error.
Hands are importing to the db with no problems. I switched all firewalls off still no help I was using HM with HUD since the beginning. I was using multible db's and everything was working. I am using current db since beginning of 2009 and ther was never any problems.

Any ideas ? Any way to reset everything in HUD (wit the exception of my settings) and make it start clear ? I tried upgrading HM to latest version 1.08 (i was already using it so it wasn't really an upgrade but i hoped that overwriting some files could help) but nothing changes.

Please help, playing without a HUD is kinda difficult and it's Sunday tomorrow, gotta make some money :)

el_estrag0
05-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I also seem to have the same problem, only that the Auto Import function also doesen't work. When I start HM it shows it's auto import but the bar doesen't import any of my played hands. I upgraded to 1.08 cuz i was still running 1.07 but this clearly doesen't help. I keep on mailing with support but it takes a very long time for them to answer.
Maby someone here can help me out ?
many thx

morny
05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
My HUD stopped working today when playing. It won't load again. Resetting HM doesn't work. Every time I start a HUD table manager window pops up for about 5 seconds then I get "not responding" label and then it shut down with error.
Hands are importing to the db with no problems. I switched all firewalls off still no help I was using HM with HUD since the beginning. I was using multible db's and everything was working. I am using current db since beginning of 2009 and ther was never any problems.

Any ideas ? Any way to reset everything in HUD (wit the exception of my settings) and make it start clear ? I tried upgrading HM to latest version 1.08 (i was already using it so it wasn't really an upgrade but i hoped that overwriting some files could help) but nothing changes.

Please help, playing without a HUD is kinda difficult and it's Sunday tomorrow, gotta make some money :)

Is UAC disabled? http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73 and does the table finder work http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

I also seem to have the same problem, only that the Auto Import function also doesen't work. When I start HM it shows it's auto import but the bar doesen't import any of my played hands. I upgraded to 1.08 cuz i was still running 1.07 but this clearly doesen't help. I keep on mailing with support but it takes a very long time for them to answer.
Maby someone here can help me out ?
many thx

Can you start a new thread with the answers to these questions http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

punter11235
05-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Table finder has no chance to work because table manager window closes almost immediately. I was using HUD for several months now. Everything worked perfectly I was playing a session on party and suddenly hud crashed and I am not able to get it back.
The issue is : table manager window closes almost immediately not some advanced things like not finding tables or not displaying stats.

I am using windows XP so guide for UCI is useless, can you please describe what should be tuirned on/off (but I doubt it's source of the problems because everything worked fine and suddently stopped; i wasn't making any changes besides playing a session).

punter11235
05-02-2009, 09:53 PM
There is almost surely something wrong when initialazing table manager window. Maybe there is some way to clear/overwrite all files used ?

morny
05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Sounds like either your firewall or antivirus is blocking it opening, disabling wont fix it so youll need to completely uninstall, test for a while and then reinstall them

punter11235
05-05-2009, 01:23 PM
If it was antivirus or firewall it wouldn't open at all right ?
It would also work If I just close firewall but it doesn't.
Is there any way to send you a log with this error ?

And could you answer teh question I asked before : is there any way to reset all files/things which HUD loads when starting ? Maybe some files got corrupted and it just won't start ?

I know how firewall/antivirus work. It's not a problem for 100% this is why I wrote it in original post so you won't need to waste time thinking about problems with those. The problem is in initialization process. Table manager windows appears for a while and then it closes with an error.

punter11235
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Also it's not a problem with the database. All hands import and even if I create a new database and try to run HUD it still doesn't work.

punter11235
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Ok. I uninstalled Hm and installed it again. Then upgraded. HUD doesn't work.
Then i uninstalled it, installed again and run without upgrading to 1.08. Now HUD works.
So HUD works with version 1.07 (table manager version 1.6.4rc10). Is there any way to upgrade to 1.08 but still run previous version of table manager ?
1.08 has some cool HUD stats :) Any other ideas what might cause the problem in 1.08 version ?

morny
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I dont pretend to be an expert with firewalls or antiviruses but ive teamviewered enough of these problems to know that in 90% of the cases its either the firewall or antivirus causing this problem, it certainly wouldnt be caused by damaged files its simply something blocking HM access the postgreSQL database and the most common problem is the firewall or antivirus, uninstall both and try it without those, if it fixes the problem then uninstall one at a time, if the problems continue to happen intermittingly then you might want to consider using an alternative one.

punter11235
05-06-2009, 03:16 AM
I have to say that: please don't treat me as a moron :(
I gave as good description of the problem as I could. I pointed several times that firewall or antivirus is not a problem. Nevertheless I tried uninstalling both (and disabling windows firewall) and it still doesn't work. It would be very nice of you if you make an attempt to understand description of the problem or ask me to provide more details. I made the effort to describe the problem instead of writing "OMG HUD DOESNT WORK HELP !".

I asked several questions which could help to resolve it :
a)is it possible to make a log which I could paste here so we could see at what stage the problem aroused ?
b)what files/data are used when initializing table manager window and is this possible to replace them ?

I was able to reproduce the moment when HUD stop working. I was changing position of stats for a player clicked right mouse button several times, probably stats for some players were overlapping as were tables then problem occurred and HUD closed with an error. Now HUD won't start (I mean the window opens for 5-6 second and then it closes with windows error ("application encountered a problem and needs to close").
It doesn't matter if I run a poker site or not. I just restart my computer. Run HM and try to run HUD. It won't work.

morny
05-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Im not trying to be difficult in any way, im only trying to help and i wouldnt ask you to do something i think wouldnt work:) but now that weve ruled out the firewall/antivirus theres a couple of other things we can try:

1) Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14

2) Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

If that dosent work email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

punter11235
05-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Ok, thank for that. I should've thought about reinstalling net framework by myself.
It seems that HUd works now when I open it when having opened tables but it doesn't when I don't have anything open. For now I am happy and can play so I will refrain from changing anything. If it stops working again I will go through the steps and post updates.

Thanks for help :)

punter11235
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok I am getting frustrated. It doesn't work again :( Is there anything else I can try ? I tried reinstalling net frameworks. Reinstalling HM like 100 times. Running version 1.07 or 1.08.2. It doesn't open at all. Somehow sometimes it does open and work but I can't figure out why.
Is there any more things I can try ? What about my old log question ? It would be very useful to see what causes HUD to crash...

morny
05-08-2009, 08:18 PM
This is how to get a log although if you cant start then its not going to be much use because you need to recreate the crash to get a log. Email me morny@holdemmanager.net and to arrange a suitable time for a teamviewer session tommorrow

Please go to Hud Options > Table Preferences and enable logging. Then recreate the crash and then go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs and send Mike the log.txt file with details of whats happening to mlamb1@gmail.com make sure you send the log before restarting HM otherwise it will clear the log